997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

LWFW options for 08 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:11 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
LWFW options for 08 997

What are my options when upgrading to a LWFW for my 08 997?
I have 750miles on my car now... should i wait till my clutch goes to upgrade?

Old 01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
this is a question for Ed (NorthVan) as he just did his car and found it to be amazing. Can't wait until I see it on the track.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
From the research that I did they are made by one manufacturer and the resellers all sell the same ones for around the same price. I didn't replace my clutch as I had lots left, and didn't have any power related slippage on my clutch. You can replace your clutch at the same time, but it is up to you.

I really like this mod, and think it will make my car quicker then one modded with a full exhuast.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
although it is a great mod...you should wait until you are out of warranty or check with your dealer and see if they will warranty a lwfw...PMNA has told dealers not to install them because they won't warranty any engine issues if one is installed...

Old 01-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I installed a LWFW on my '05 997s when it was time to replace the clutch, which I upgraded to a SachsStage2 race clutch and hi-performance pressure plate.

My dealer did the install, and won't bat an eye re. warrantee, but I've got a great dealership service dept who are very mod friendly.

Do a search, I wrote a review of mine when I got it done. In brief, it's the best mod I've done, period. It doesn't increase your crank HP, but it increases your RWHP because more energy is transferred to the wheels since less energy is required to spin the flywheel. The car feels hyper, and revs effortless around the dial.
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2009, 02:32 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
My dealer did the install, and won't bat an eye re. warrantee, but I've got a great dealership service dept who are very mod friendly.
Nice, do you take your car to Jim Ellis in Atlanta?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any truth to the possibility of the engine blowing due to it not being balanced with the lighter flywheel?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
I have read both NortVan's and Cattman's threads/posts on their LWFW and this is what made me think about getting a LW one. They both rave about it. What is the standard porsche warranty in NA?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
well the odd thing is...it wasn't even a turbo or GT3 motor that grenaded with a lwfw because of the imbalance that induced PMNA to put out the notice...just check with your dealer to see if you have a good enough relationship...prior to the notice many dealers were installing lwfw in all kinds of 911's and none of them have grenaded because of an imbalance...but the notice warned the dealers to no longer make the installs...if the dealer will install it I think he should have to warranty it...I would guess all the dealer installed lwfw's will have to be warrantied...

Old 01-31-2009, 05:03 PM
well the sad thing is, i dont even know what warranty i have on my car.... what would the standard be?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Administrator
it's in your owners manual...I think 4 years..don't know the mileage cuz most people don't get nearly enough in 4 years...

Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 PM
weird that i folowed your post with "well the ** thing is..." it must have been freud's subconscious!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
theres no way that im going to wait 4 years to do this mod!
i gotta find a good dealership around here thats mod friendly, my dealership wouldnt even tint my windows!!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have about 1.5 years left on my warranty, the shop that installed it is not a dealer. I have seen the engine on the GT3 forum that grenaded, it was after a RS flywheel was installed. I asked the shop if they thought that it would/could happen to my car, there response was that I would be fine, as the GT3's are missing something (don't remember what he said it was) and that the vibration would be minimal. This far I don't notice any additional vibration, just quicker reving.

Do the mod, if there is problem, switch it back to stock.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I have about 1.5 years left on my warranty, the shop that installed it is not a dealer. I have seen the engine on the GT3 forum that grenaded, it was after a RS flywheel was installed. I asked the shop if they thought that it would/could happen to my car, there response was that I would be fine, as the GT3's are missing something (don't remember what he said it was) and that the vibration would be minimal. This far I don't notice any additional vibration, just quicker reving.

Do the mod, if there is problem, switch it back to stock.
Do not shoot me if I am wrong........but

I think the GT3 does not have a dampner,damper (not sure which word is correct),wheras the 997's do.The dampner/damper helps with vibrations!

Stac

Last edited by justatoy; 01-31-2009 at 06:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LWFW options for 08 997