997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche's Silver Hood Crest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM
1st997s is infamous around these parts
could not agree more...couple weeks agoi put mine on...really sharp looking and easy to DIY...also bot from eric @ bumperPlugs...great customer service

Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it is a matter of individual preference not just trying to be different...on lighter color cars the silver badge just looks better...the gold one looked hideous on my CW car..and I think it looks better on silver cars too...with clear sidemarkers

Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
2quik is infamous around these parts
SO, who wants to organize the group buy? I'd be in.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:07 AM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2quik
SO, who wants to organize the group buy? I'd be in.
me too!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
me too!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
me too. group buy.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Wankel is infamous around these parts
Mine is arctic silver, and I love the look of the silver badge. However, I have colored wheel caps...don't think that would be a great match.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Arzo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wankel
Mine is arctic silver, and I love the look of the silver badge. However, I have colored wheel caps...don't think that would be a great match.

I had the same issue but the silver still looked better to me. I had an extra set of the non-colored center caps and had a friend with a body shop paint in the red. I think they look good.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
I LIKE the colored crests-

I think that the silver badge looks good on silver cars but not neccessarily on others- I like the colored crest on the Midnight Blue and I like the colored wheel crests as well- but hey- subtlety is not my specialty....

Old 02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
HRE wheels would compliment the silver badge

Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
I think that the silver badge looks good on silver cars but not neccessarily on others- I like the colored crest on the Midnight Blue and I like the colored wheel crests as well- but hey- subtlety is not my specialty....
Midnight blue looks nice with the gold but even jumping to black the silver makes it and with Arctic it's a no brainer .

It took a long time for me to remove the badge . I had issues with it . Taking the badge was like a heart transplant of sorts .

Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
would you be able to post any pics of the Black and the Silver Badge.
Do you also have the silver caps on the wheels . Thanks I have the Gold and it looks nice on Black but I would like to try Silver.
ps I wonder what the Carrera S would look like in Gold like the old 356's..

Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 AM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Izzone
Ditto on the group buy
+1 I'm in for the group by as well

Last edited by jcrystal23; 02-04-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
Would be interested in the group buy as well... though wanted to get opinions on whether this would work with Carmona Red. I have the colored wheel caps and I think they look great. My clear bra guy removed the creast and actually attached it to the clear bra (hopefully that doesn't make it more difficult to remove).

Originally Posted by jcrystal23
+1 I'm in for the group by as well

Old 02-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lockie
would you be able to post any pics of the Black and the Silver Badge.
Do you also have the silver caps on the wheels . Thanks I have the Gold and it looks nice on Black but I would like to try Silver.
ps I wonder what the Carrera S would look like in Gold like the old 356's..
The only close up I have is on the second post of this thread. However (abiding by the rules of no watermarks) my car was photographed and there are close ups of the badge in the photography section where the pictures are permitted . I will PM you a link to the thread .

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-04-2009 at 02:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche's Silver Hood Crest