997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Brakes for HPDEs Cooling issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
Great advice thus far JMon, I run Sebring regularly also and have never had a problem with the Porsche OEM brakes until recently. I upgraded the rotors to the Brembo two piece that Sharky mentioned (Great addition), coupled with Pagid yellows, I even installed the GT3 cup brake ducts, but at the end of a long straight at Homestead...soft pedal. Once I upgraded the fluid all was good again. Here's a link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rs-home-5.html I'll be at Sebring both days in April, and you are more than welcome to jump in for a ride if you have the time. Several of my other Porsche friends will be there as well and you can get everyone's opinion/advice (I usually have a Porsche Gold Meister mechanic with me as well). Just remember, "brakes are overrated, use them sparingly" LOL. I'll admit turn 7 at Sebring requires good brakes, but I don't hit them until I see baby Jesus. Definitely give Bob at Vortex motorsports a call, he's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge.

BTW, anyone else headed to Sebring this weekend for the 12 hour? Look us up, we will be at turn #1 in the North Paddock. PM me if interested in meeting up.
Swatdoc, Bob no longer works at Vortex. I have his number if anyone needs to get a hold of him though.

I will be a the Sebring April 18th event too...do we know each other? I use to run a white 07 Carrera S and usually pit down by 17 with Bob and the guys.

I will also be at the 12hr Sebring race walking around so yeah I'd like to meet up and hang with you guys at turn 1.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Swatdoc, Bob no longer works at Vortex. I have his number if anyone needs to get a hold of him though.

I will be a the Sebring April 18th event too...do we know each other? I use to run a white 07 Carrera S and usually pit down by 17 with Bob and the guys.

I will also be at the 12hr Sebring race walking around so yeah I'd like to meet up and hang with you guys at turn 1.
Check your PM, and I'll see you at Sebring!