997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PCM retrofit trouble. Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
PCM retrofit trouble. Help!

Bought an Ebay PCM 2.1. Install was quick. Powered right up and looking good. Went to dealer for code set up.
No sound. The PCM I bought does not have the small built in amp, it seems to be for a Bose car. My car is W/O Bose.
Any one have any insights for a solution?
Tech says adding a factory Amp is a very big $ deal. Lots of wiring harness work.
My new to me PCM maybe for sale rather quickly. I am bummed. It sure looks great.
Thanks for any possible solutions.
Pics below are of my CDR-24 unit. The PCM I have does not have these aluminum little round buttons. They are the heat sink for small amp.

Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I would call a stereo store and see if they have done any work adding a Amp to replace the factory Bose. It should be a lot less then Porsche.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
check the part number on the PCM. I believe there are two part numbers, one for cars with bose and one for without. search for daytonaviolet's thread as he did some research into this when he was doing his retrofit

Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
997.642.143.xx is the part number for BOSE cars

997.642.141.xx is the part number for NON-BOSE cars

Unfortunately, i do not believe there is an easy or cheap solution for this. selling and rebuying is probably the best way!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
The seller was gracious enough to refund my payment. I'll ship it back to him. His ad clearly stated for Bose only, I just blew it. Part numbers looked the same.
If you need one check ebay it is great.
Now I really want one, somehow...
Thanks for the responses.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, you are very fortunate to have such an understanding seller. I ran in to a similar problem that left me with an extra GPS (Porsche Nav module) for a 997/4. Just the module, not the whole screen and have been trying to sell it (for a 'make an offer') price for a year. No luck.

Originally Posted by fjpgt3
The seller was gracious enough to refund my payment. I'll ship it back to him. His ad clearly stated for Bose only, I just blew it. Part numbers looked the same.
If you need one check ebay it is great.
Now I really want one, somehow...
Thanks for the responses.