997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Illuminated door sills:
Lame bling, waste of money
31.67%
Kind of cool, like them
68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
when I finally found the exact car I wanted with the color and options as I wanted, this was already on the car. That being said, I would not have ordered it but when I open the door I really do like it, cool option but wouldnt go crazy for it

Old 02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
same thing happened to me.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
when I finally found the exact car I wanted with the color and options as I wanted, this was already on the car. That being said, I would not have ordered it but when I open the door I really do like it, cool option but wouldnt go crazy for it
My experience exactly. I thought they were a waste of money, but they came on my car when purchased used, so didn't really cost me anything. The more I see them the more I enjoy them. They just add a nice touch in my mind. The plastic ones look a little cheap to me. To save installation cost, you could always install SS sills without wiring up any lights.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
I think they add a touch of elegance.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CMOS
Do the instructions that come with them take you through all of it, or do you have to figure it out yourself at all? For example, taking apart the dor panels isn't something that I'm really familliar with.
Cpais is right. I have seen the install instructions, maybe in the TSB's on this site, and they are quite "involved" to say the least. If you're looking for a time consuming project this would be the one. I was surprised at how much stuff has to be dismantled before you can install the sills and it all relates to the wiring hookup.Maybe not technically difficult but an awful lot of work for not much bling.