997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Car Cover -What are two straps for ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche Car Cover -What are two straps for ???

Recently bought a used OEM car cover for winter garage use. Top didn't come with instructions. Cover itself works fine but am puzzled about the two straps stiched to the uderside of the cover near the front window ? Anyone have a similar cover that can tell me what the straps are used for ??? Guessing maybe used with a cover lock ???

Old 02-13-2009, 06:00 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Are they long enough to all the way under the car to the other side. If so they are to hold the cover on during high winds....otherwise I am not sure...

Jason

Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
my car cover (covercraft) came with a steel wire and a padlock, which I can use to hold the straps together from under the car. The straps have rings. I dont know how your cover is?

In some cases, this is necessary to safeguard the cover from being stolen.
Yes, people do steal car covers in big garages.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:06 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dadio
Recently bought a used OEM car cover for winter garage use. Top didn't come with instructions. Cover itself works fine but am puzzled about the two straps stiched to the uderside of the cover near the front window ? Anyone have a similar cover that can tell me what the straps are used for ??? Guessing maybe used with a cover lock ???
Is it the OEM silverguard cover? Mine is silver with a red porsche crest on the hood. If so, mine came with a cable and lock, I was puzzled as to where it would go, I never noticed the loops located under the doors.

In any case, unless you are using the cover outside, there is no need to lock it in the garage.Name:  Pstorage.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  22.8 KB

Attached Images  

Last edited by bavorak; 02-14-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
It's a silver guard cover and will only be used indoors but might be the outdoor version of the cover. I suspect, based on what everyone has said, the straps go under the doors or the hood to act as protection against the top blowing off in high winds as they don't appear robust enough to act as much of a theft deterrent. Thanks for helping me figure it out.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:22 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
They go under the hood as a locking mechanism.