997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

how much lower does a 997 GT3 sit vs 997S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I posted that primarily for the pictures that you requested. Did you click on the pictures to the right highlighted in blue?

On top of that, they are not knock off wheels. In addition to Porsche wheels, they sell HRE, Fikse, Techart etc. I hardly think the company sells junk but it sounds like you know it all already. Have at it.
thanks for the pics. i had visited that site early on in my search. guess i was wrong but i thought they were oem knock off wheels. in the for sale section when i would see a set for sale, people always asked if they were oem or not so i guessed these sets to be fakes.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RonCT
I kept them and sold them with the car last month. 997.2 w/ Sport PASM / LSD on the way. It really was something how the car got such a performance boost when I swapped out the wheels / tires to the lighter forged. 9 lbs of unsprung / rotational mass is significant in both acceleration and braking response.
you gave up your gt3 for a 997.2? i know what you're saying about the weights. i may spring for a set of OZ's later on. i do go through a lot of wheels

Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RonCT
I kept them and sold them with the car last month. 997.2 w/ Sport PASM / LSD on the way. It really was something how the car got such a performance boost when I swapped out the wheels / tires to the lighter forged. 9 lbs of unsprung / rotational mass is significant in both acceleration and braking response.
1 lb of unsprung weight is equal to 7 lbs of sprung weight. The 9 lbs per wheel is equal to dropping 252 lbs of stung weight.