997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Recommended dealer in SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
jdcooper is infamous around these parts
Recommended dealer in SF Bay Area?

I'm moving from NYC to SF and will be assuming residence around mid-March.

When I arrive I'll be looking to buy my first Porsche - a 997 C2S. I'd like to get a CPO car via a dealership, but I'm relatively picky about spec, and I'm willing to wait to find the right car.

Would you recommend working with a single dealership/salesperson, or should I contact all the local dealers and register my interest and ask for calls if they come up with a car similar to what I'm looking for?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Old 02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I've not purchased a car there (bought it used), but I have been very pleased and impressed with the service side of Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City. I had a troubling and hard to diagnose problem with my car. They took a number of runs at it, always supportive, loaner cars, consulting with techs in Germany, and ultimately having to replace the flywheel (sensor problem). All for an intermittent check engine light. Couldn't be more pleased and all the more impressive in that they didn't sell me the car.

Originally Posted by jdcooper
I'm moving from NYC to SF and will be assuming residence around mid-March.

When I arrive I'll be looking to buy my first Porsche - a 997 C2S. I'd like to get a CPO car via a dealership, but I'm relatively picky about spec, and I'm willing to wait to find the right car.

Would you recommend working with a single dealership/salesperson, or should I contact all the local dealers and register my interest and ask for calls if they come up with a car similar to what I'm looking for?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Old 02-22-2009, 02:48 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Fletcher Motors in Fremont. Talk to George Acosta - he will treat you right. Service is also excellent under Gunter Feldmeier's guidance.

Last edited by adias; 02-22-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
amag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to beholdamag is a splendid one to behold
^ +1

I bought my 09 CS2 from Carlsen, great folks there. Go see Tom Yamamoto, he's the GM of Sales at Carlsen.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 AM
whitemoose26 is infamous around these parts
I highly recommend working with a guy named Clint Ralls. His dealership is called Roadsport and its located in Campbell. I went to him when I needed a car and told him exactly everything I wanted on it and he went out and found it. Family owned business for many years and very personal service. His website is http://www.roadsport-usa.com/ and you'll see that he is willing to go the extra mile to get you the right car. Doesn't get you a car that he wouldn't buy himself. Found me a 2006 E350 4Matic with 11,000 miles in March of 08.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
gtKnight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amag
^ +1

I bought my 09 CS2 from Carlsen, great folks there. Go see Tom Yamamoto, he's the GM of Sales at Carlsen.
+2 for Carlsen.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
Good to see that there are good experiences all around. I had a good experience at Sonnen in Mill Valley (so did one of my partners). Paul the internet manager was very reasonable and easy to work with. Good luck. Glad we aren't in a state were there is one dealership in a 500 mile radius!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I've had two very good experiences from 2 different bay area Porsche dealers. Randy Hill, at Rector Porsche in Burlingame, was very easy to deal with.

Ken Pardini at Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek was also a very good salesman.

By the way, I'm thinking about selling my car. Take a look at my sig and let me know if you might be interested.