997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Afterhours pipes VS. Fabspeed Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hang on a couple more days, Eddie! The AH should be here Friday, and your Fab's should ship on Saturday.

I drove home tonight with a friend who has a 356 and a 1984 911 Turbo, and on WOT with the EVOMS intake and the Fabspeed mufflers he was wowed by the sound, bigtime, especially at 5,000+ RPM's. If you don't have the EVOMS intake, buy Stacy's used one from the for sale section- it's a must. The combo of an EVOMS with a Fabspeed muffler is amazing. It made what I thought was great (Fabspeed mufflers alone) into something else altogether. Freak sound on WOT. And since you bargained the pants off of me on the mufflers, you can afford to pick up an EVOMS!
CATTMAN
HAHAHA! Love it! I think Stacy sold the one he had up. I'm looking around though!!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lakerholic
HAHAHA! Love it! I think Stacy sold the one he had up. I'm looking around though!!

2 bad you missed stacy evom. He had the prototype that he designed for evolution. It was polished and waxed then 16 coats of laquer finish then bronze plated

Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Hi lakerholic,
i'm very interested on how it would sound on your car too!! If possible i'm about a 20 min drive from you maybe you can let me hear how it sound too? Thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
go with the fabspeed. it sounds so good

Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911bobby
Hi lakerholic,
i'm very interested on how it would sound on your car too!! If possible i'm about a 20 min drive from you maybe you can let me hear how it sound too? Thanks in advance
Sure, we can work something out! Once I get everything and installed I'll let you know.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
My AfterHours pipes arrived today via FedEx Ground, thank you Brian, here are some pics. The iPhone is included so as to provide scale.

They are very nicely made indeed: looks like very clean welds, heavy duty stainless steel, and they even have the polished finish on the 2 baffled sections, like the Fabspeed Mufflers look when new- although that "mirror" finish only lasts about 50 miles, LOL!

I can tell there is very little resistance in the 2 baffled sections, as I swear I can blow through one end and feel my breath come out the other end. Could I be imagining that, or is there really that little resistance? If so, these should be LOUD! Which is just right for me...I hope!

Fellow 6speed members "Brando" & "ATL-Porsche" will be helping with the install at Brando's house tomorrow at 10am. We'll take pics to post, and shoot video.
CATTMAN

Attached Images    
Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Cattman
My AfterHours pipes arrived today via FedEx Ground, thank you Brian, here are some pics. The iPhone is included so as to provide scale.

They are very nicely made indeed: looks like very clean welds, heavy duty stainless steel, and they even have the polished finish on the 2 baffled sections, like the Fabspeed Mufflers look when new- although that "mirror" finish only lasts about 50 miles, LOL!

I can tell there is very little resistance in the 2 baffled sections, as I swear I can blow through one end and feel my breath come out the other end. Could I be imagining that, or is there really that little resistance? If so, these should be LOUD! Which is just right for me...I hope!

Fellow 6speed members "Brando" & "ATL-Porsche" will be helping with the install at Brando's house tomorrow at 10am. We'll take pics to post, and shoot video.
CATTMAN
Cattman,
Call me after you install these pipes! They look nice sitting on the travertine/marble! Classy!

Nick

Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
That's very cool of you because i have this mode buzz right now and i would love to hear the difference in the fabspeed vs after hour!! ok just pm me when u get it on and we can hook up!!! thanks again

Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
swajames is infamous around these partsswajames is infamous around these parts
Just wondered how the install went and whether you guys might be able to post the videos? I'm very interested in these (having seen p0rsch3's excellent videos) and am very close to getting a set for mine!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
John156e is infamous around these parts
what is the price diff between fs & ah ?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Cattman n Lakerholic, y do I get this feeling that you two are out making noise all over town!!!!! I know it doesn't take that long to install ur fabspeed n after hours mufflers!!! As a matter of fact it probably takes bout 2hrs top!!! Come on guys post the videos ur killin me!! LOL

Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hi Guys,
I installed the AH (AfterHours) pipes on Saturday, with lots of help from fellow 6speeders Brando and ATL-Porsche.

The day began late thanks to a $600 rear Michelin PS2 getting a roofing nail in it. My neighbor just got a new roof, so I'll be making a rather uncomfortable phone call today.

Nonetheless, got the car on jackstands, took the rear wheels off, with some massaging finally got the FS (Fabspeed mufflers) off. The tough part here was that they were put onto the bracket with the bolt in the top, not the bottom, which meant that we had to remove the entire bracket. The inlet pipes to the FS were pretty tight onto the cat sections, so it took some patience and WD-40 to wriggle them off. We removed the brackets from the FS, and attached them to the AH, and bolted them up.

I am still working out getting the tips right, which I want to do before I post videos, but let me say this: they are LOUD! On my way home from Brando's house, every head was turning to look. It's a race car sound, and is actually louder at lower RPM's, then screams as you get above 5,000 especially with the EVOMS cold air intake.

Again, these are NOT for the faint of heart, or anyone who needs to talk on their cellphone while driving. I personally can't stand talking to anyone on a cellphone period, so it's not a problem for me. From what I can tell, they're about 7/10ths the volume of bypass pipes. Bypass pipes would be hard to live with, as my 997S is a daily driver. These should be alright, I'll let you know later after my commute today!
CATTMAN

Vids coming soon, stay tuned!
CATTMAN

PS After we got the Fabspeed mufflers off, I polished them with some EagleOne wheel polish and a microfiber cloth- they came back very nicely almost like new with the "mirror finish". Now wrapped in padded shelf-liner and layers of heavy bubble wrap, they boxed up and ready to go to the Post Office, where they'll be shipped them to fellow 6speeder Lakerholic. Christmas is coming early for him- those Fabspeed mufflers were great.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
You mentioned the tips. My tips actually fit better with the AH than stock.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Unhappy

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
You mentioned the tips. My tips actually fit better with the AH than stock.
His outlets seemed to be positioned perfectly......but the exit pipe was too small diameter.

And on top of that, the right side pipe was smaller than the left. ??

The tip clamps would not tighten down enough to hold them in place.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Brando has spelled it out exactly. Brian at AfterHours is a great guy, and he's working with me on a solution. Not really a big deal at this point, since I know he's going to make it right.
CATTMAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Afterhours pipes VS. Fabspeed Bypass