997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Afterhours pipes VS. Fabspeed Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
Afterhours pipes VS. Fabspeed Bypass

Has anyone heard both exhaust mods in person? I have heard the FS stuff is really loud. Are the AH pipes the same?

Thanks,
Nick

Old 02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
Here are both.

http://www.afterhoursautomotive.com/...emufflers.html

http://www.fabspeed.com/997_997S_997GT3.html

Afterhours sounds like the real deal to me. Too much flutter on the Fabspeed, imo.

CATTMAN here pulled the trigger on the Afterhours pipes. Waiting patiently for vids/clips.....

Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hey Nick,
I've just ordered a set of AH mufflers, which will replace my Fabspeed mufflers. I will be posting a video of OEM, then Fabspeed, then AH, all on the same car, mine.

I went with AH because I thought that bypass pipes would be annoying for a daily driver, but I wanted something louder and more exotic sounding than what I had. I loved the Fabspeed mufflers, just want more of loud, gurgly, deep, grunt.
Vids should be posted on Sat night.
CATTMAN

Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, Cattman. I am really looking forward to the videos!

Nick

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Cattman...I just noticed that you are in ATL. I am in ATL almost every week on business. Maybe we can grab some dinner sometime and you can demo the AH pipes for me in person. I am flying to ATL tomorrow evening and I come home on Thursday afternoon. Take care.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Absolutely, Nick, that'd be cool.
I am actually in Alpharetta (northern suburb of the ATL). Work gets me down to the city all the time, so we can meet wherever.

The AH pipes should go on this weekend, assuming they arrive on Friday and my spanish-speaking Nanny has enough sense to answer the door when FedEx arrives, so sometime next week would work. PM me and I'll give you my cell.
CATTMAN

Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
John156e is infamous around these parts
im looking to replace my stock exhaust but $1000 bucks for the AF exhaust for what it is sound expensive.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Cattman. Let me check my calendar and see when I will be back in the dirty south. Our HQ is in Conyers, but we do own a small company in Kennesaw. Is that near you? I will send you a PM with contact details.

Nick

Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
FS are very annoying at low rpms. Very difficult to carry on a conversation in the car.
Get an aftermarket muffler, many to choose from. Just my 2 pennys.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Just to clarify: it is Fabspeed (or ANY) bypass pipes are that are loud, to some, annoying. Fabspeed mufflers, on the other hand, are great.

Wanted to make sure that's clear, since some folks might read some of the posts and mistakenly think that by "Fabspeed" we're referring to their mufflers, not their bypass pipes.

I should also add, that there is nothing unique about Fabspeed bypass pipes. It's just a bent peice of metal pipe made for a specific application. However, one can relatively easily fabricate a set of bypass pipes for about $20 at Lowe's, and have any local muffler shop make the bends in the right places. One guy did just that, and they sound great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFfgORGWhnQ
CATTMAN

Old 02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
I'm also patiently awaiting the delivery of Cattman's AH exhaust... because that's when he'll be sending me his Fabspeed Maxflo's!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Cat you will LOVE the AH setup! I can't say enough good things about them. Not only do they provide perfect sound-- they are light weight as well.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Cat you will LOVE the AH setup! I can't say enough good things about them. Not only do they provide perfect sound-- they are light weight as well.
yeah i think i had the first set on a 997, they sound great. no other muffler i have heard compares, and they are much more than a simple bypass pipe. sometimes you can get a headache after a long day, but i drive my car daily around 30miles, put the windows up with alittle music and cant hear em...

Old 02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by lakerholic
I'm also patiently awaiting the delivery of Cattman's AH exhaust... because that's when he'll be sending me his Fabspeed Maxflo's!!!
Hang on a couple more days, Eddie! The AH should be here Friday, and your Fab's should ship on Saturday.

I drove home tonight with a friend who has a 356 and a 1984 911 Turbo, and on WOT with the EVOMS intake and the Fabspeed mufflers he was wowed by the sound, bigtime, especially at 5,000+ RPM's. If you don't have the EVOMS intake, buy Stacy's used one from the for sale section- it's a must. The combo of an EVOMS with a Fabspeed muffler is amazing. It made what I thought was great (Fabspeed mufflers alone) into something else altogether. Freak sound on WOT. And since you bargained the pants off of me on the mufflers, you can afford to pick up an EVOMS!
CATTMAN

Old 02-26-2009, 01:37 AM
dajgazu is infamous around these parts
those AHs sound good... wonder how that compares to stock mufflers with AWE precats and X51 headers....im on the fence about replacing the mufflers...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Afterhours pipes VS. Fabspeed Bypass