997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer Loaner Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jabed92694
I was just wondering why Porsche doesn't give out Porsche loaner cars. Any ideas? BMW, Lexus etc. etc. provide loaners. This thought just came up as I left my car at the Porsche dealer and I was proudly driving away in my brand new 2009 KIA!!! I would have been happier in a base Boxster or Cayman.....

Jon
LOL! Was it Newport Porsche? I had the pleasure of driving away in an 09 Nissan Sentra the last time around.

But, as someone else in this thread mentioned, a lot of "high-line" car dealers don't give same-level loaners.

My dad has two Maserati's (an 08 Quattroporte and an 08 Gran Turismo) that he has serviced at Newport Ferrari/Maserati. He's gotten a Toyota Prius and a Saturn Astra as loaners the two times he's taken his cars in...

At least we're on the same level as them!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
my dealer gives us boxers (if you bought your car there, they are pretty bad about giving them to "outsiders")
Same with my dealer in WCR Stead. If you bought a car from them, you either get a Cayman, Boxster, or Cayenne. Sometimes if they're out of loaner cars, you get the Kia Rondo from Enterprise

Either way though, the service has been excellent, and just the fact that they offer a shuttle service, rental, or loaner is a great thing.

My lexus service department always loans out other Lexus cars. You can choose from a RX SUV or an ES Sedan. They have a really good service department too, but i still give the best service department award to my Porsche dealership.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Another thumbs up for Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City, CA (I am not in any way affiliated. Promise). They have been very diligent and consistent in providing P-car-grade loaners. They need some planning time though, usually a few days to book one. OTOH, if you've got an immediate problem, bring the car in and they have no Porsche loaners, they bring in the Enterprise guy and you get one of those. I couldn't be more impressed.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it depends on the dealer. Porsche has its own loaner program that Porsche dealer can sign up for their customers. fee apply to the dealer of course. to name a few dealers that have the loaner program are Pacific (haven't been there for awhile not sure if they still have it), Rusnak & Beverly Hills Porsche.

in fact, i got a 1k mile 09 Cayenne S as loaner during my Cayenne Turbo service work. the CS was loaded with options including nav. hack it had even more options than my Turbo besides engine.

they also got quite few brand new Cayman S as loaner. 3 were tips & 1 6sp loaded with factory aerokit... that could be fun! Cayenne & Cayman together i saw about total 10 cars there marked as loaner.

however, regardless what loaner/rental car u get the workmanship is the most important imo. i'd rather get a cheap Enterprise if the job is done right & my car is babied. as for my last experience, i got a nice loaner but they didn't fix the problems on my car at all... i might take it back this week again but what a waste of time...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
local dealer, tischer gives out caymans boxsters cayennes and launch 997.2s

Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
DOGDOG7 is infamous around these parts
I took my 05 Cayenne to Rusnak Pasadena last month for break noise check up, they sent me to their on site Enterprise and gave me a brand new 08 Cayenne. On the other hand, I recently took my 300 miles brand new M3 (car broke down in 300 miles because of the fuel pump problem) to New Century BMW and they gave me a Jeep Commander, they said this is already an upgrade, wow....

Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
It all depends on the dealership I think, I got a Cayman.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Incentive

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
local dealer, tischer gives out caymans boxsters cayennes and launch 997.2s
Nice.
That's almost an incentive to take your car in for servcie.
Mr. B

Old 02-24-2009, 11:30 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
It depends on the dealership. I take my Boxster in to my dealer (where I didn't even buy the car), and they give me a Cayenne S loaner. At another dealer I sometimes visit, they always give me an Audi A6 (they're an Audi dealer too) as the loaner (I also did not purchase the car at that dealer).

Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
screamingelvi is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Porsche of Wallingford here in CT also gave out Cayenne's as loaners every time I brought in one of my cars. I don't know about Hoffman in East Hartford.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
I always questioned this as well. I know when we take in the 5 series we usually get a 3 series loaner, when its the X5, we get a X5 or X6. Just a nice little perk and makes it a little easier to swallow the dealer bill if its not something covered under warranty. Plus they do an exterior hand wash, quick interior detail and leave a mint on the dash, all at no charge.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
What's even more irritating to me is when you're in an accident that is someone else's fault, and you're stuck with a crappy loaner. Allegedly if someone costs you money, you're supposed to be "made whole". Apparently your high quality life experiences aren't part of "whole"?!

If that was the only problem,I'd be happy. My car was totaled by a putz without any insurance. So now I'm left by the state to see how I can get money out of someone who doesn't have money. Granted, it was only a $3500 VW Golf that they totaled, but its still 3.5grand that I am not allowed to recoup as lbs of flesh from the criminal.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jabed92694
I left my car at the Porsche dealer and I was proudly driving away in my brand new 2009 KIA!!!

Hey, what would they think about you putting a temporary sign on the side back window and side that proudly proclaims "xxxx loaner car" .. as I see in many cases.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
I've had my car serviced @ Don Rosen 2x's since last year. The first time it was in they gave me an A4, the second a Cayenne. I know they have Boxters and A6's in the loaner fleet too. If you bought a car there I think they try to give you one of their products (Audi or Porsche) usually with a big banner on the back window advertising the dealership. And it seems like if you did not buy your car there they give you the enterprise rentals.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
emtrey is infamous around these parts
typo

my dealer also is an MB dealer. Only left the car overnight twice..both times C series MBs. Last one had 1400 miles on it. Pig w/ lipstick but better than Enterprise. I would like to try a Cayman for a day or two.

My MINI dealar usually finds me a MINI because I complained once about an Enterprise rental and I have helped them sell at least 6 MINIs through recommendations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Loaner Cars