997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer Loaner Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Makes sense to me; nice to hear from a very few of you that there are still some "caring" dealers out there. Last Summer at my selling dealer and after waiting four weeks for a warranty part (shift box) that was promised in 2-3 days (supposedly had to come from Germany) and with a loaner 'reserved' I was given an Enterprise - no problem EXCEPT that I had to wait 30 minutes for the car to show up and then another 10 while the guy filled out all the paperwork and I'd made another appt. based on my drop off time. Good news is that it was a new Malibu and I was pretty impressed. Bad news was that they were not there to check me in and make sure I hadn't ripped them off on the gasoline level so I tossed the keys on the service desk.

This "isn't the first time" with this dealer and my next Porsche sure won't come from them no matter how sweet the deal. I'll bet you are not surprised that I've told all my friends this too.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakerholic
LOL! Was it Newport Porsche? I had the pleasure of driving away in an 09 Nissan Sentra the last time around.

But, as someone else in this thread mentioned, a lot of "high-line" car dealers don't give same-level loaners.

My dad has two Maserati's (an 08 Quattroporte and an 08 Gran Turismo) that he has serviced at Newport Ferrari/Maserati. He's gotten a Toyota Prius and a Saturn Astra as loaners the two times he's taken his cars in...

At least we're on the same level as them!

Yes it was Newport Porsche. Good guess!! Well they took exceptional care of me and I am very impressed with their service department. I have been there several times and they have always been superb. They gave me an enterprise rental no charge and they have an enterprise location on site with very nice staff also so the car is always ready as I am checking in. Never any waiting and very very convenient, I have high regards for their service department. I was just wondering if the cost of having to give people rentals all the time is more cost effective or having some loaners would be just as cost effective. I'm sure someone has done the math and that's why they use enterprise. I never knew some dealers actually use Porsche loaners. Then again, I'm sure Newport may have loaners but they are reserved for their Carrera GT, Turbo and GT3 customers. I just never qualify for a Porsche loaner

Jon

Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Reeves Porsche? If so I did not buy my last 2 Porsche's from them and I have bought a lot of cars from Reeves over the years...their Enterprise car set up is horrible.
Originally Posted by tejoe
Makes sense to me; nice to hear from a very few of you that there are still some "caring" dealers out there. Last Summer at my selling dealer and after waiting four weeks for a warranty part (shift box) that was promised in 2-3 days (supposedly had to come from Germany) and with a loaner 'reserved' I was given an Enterprise - no problem EXCEPT that I had to wait 30 minutes for the car to show up and then another 10 while the guy filled out all the paperwork and I'd made another appt. based on my drop off time. Good news is that it was a new Malibu and I was pretty impressed. Bad news was that they were not there to check me in and make sure I hadn't ripped them off on the gasoline level so I tossed the keys on the service desk.

This "isn't the first time" with this dealer and my next Porsche sure won't come from them no matter how sweet the deal. I'll bet you are not surprised that I've told all my friends this too.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
No, not Reeves; I spend the Summer in central Indiana.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I can understand dealers not having 911 loaner cars, but a Kia or Hundai? C'mon.

If you bring your $100K 911 in for service, I think they should at least have Audi A4s as loaner cars.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I was given a 2009 Cayenne to drive around for 2 weeks when I dropped my GT3 in for RMS work. Great service.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
took my car in today to park place porsche dallas. bought the car from them a couple of weeks ago and it was agreed to fix a paint chip for me.

they gave me an 08 cayman S as a loaner. they had a row of them ready for porsche owners.

on the otherside of the building where they sell MB's, they have an enterprise office and all MB owners get those cars

the service adviser told me she had to work 4 years at MB to get a spot in the porsche section and the difference between the 2 were like a cattle heard and high society.

way too many MB's entering the service bays so you cant expect to be waited on the way they do on the porsche side

Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bara
took my car in today to park place porsche dallas. bought the car from them a couple of weeks ago and it was agreed to fix a paint chip for me.

they gave me an 08 cayman S as a loaner. they had a row of them ready for porsche owners.

on the otherside of the building where they sell MB's, they have an enterprise office and all MB owners get those cars

the service adviser told me she had to work 4 years at MB to get a spot in the porsche section and the difference between the 2 were like a cattle heard and high society.

way too many MB's entering the service bays so you cant expect to be waited on the way they do on the porsche side
That's cool. The dealership that worked on my car only had Cayenne. I wanted to test drive the Cayman S but it wasn't available.

Last edited by ///M Kevin; 02-28-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
MNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really nice
When I take my Audi A8L in for service they provide me with an A8 or new RS4. My R8 only has 500 miles on it so I don't know what they will provide when service is needed. Maplewood Audi in MN is GREAT! I am not affiliated with them in anyway.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by MNGolfer
When I take my Audi A8L in for service they provide me with an A8 or new RS4. My R8 only has 500 miles on it so I don't know what they will provide when service is needed. Maplewood Audi in MN is GREAT! I am not affiliated with them in anyway.
If I'd bought $250k worth of cars from my dealer he'd better take care of my *** also.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 AM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
At my dealer you get a Cayenne, Audi A4 or even an A6. I can live with that.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 AM
lockmk is infamous around these parts
Porsche loaners

dropped my 997S.2 at Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose this week for some warranty work and an oil change. Was presented with a clean black/tan Cayenne as a loaner. No fuss, very convenient.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Steve W is a jewel in the roughSteve W is a jewel in the roughSteve W is a jewel in the rough
the service department taking care of your car is more important than the loaner you get - I'd take a Kia if it were done right over a new 997. That said, I received a 08 Cayman S, a 08 Cayenne manual, and a 08 Cayenne S tip when I took my car in for warranty work. I think it a great way for Porsche to promote their cars. I had never given the Cayenne a glance before until I drove one - the S is nice - torquey and feels a lot like driving a S500. The cars were owned by Enterprise, which the dealership reimburses them for at a discounted rate, and PCNA reimburses the dealership.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
My local dealer (Park Place Porsche in Dallas) has Cayman, Cayenne, and Boxster loaners. I had a Cayman with manual gearbox (yes manual loaner car) in November of 2007.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
I usually get a Cayenne - and I miss my car while I'm driving the Cayenne.....

Last edited by summoboy; 03-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Loaner Cars