997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dan is the MAN!!!!!!! (vivid) So is Scott (softronics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Softronic supports me and my customers.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Arzo is infamous around these parts
I have posted several times on this topic before, but thought I would add my 2 cents anyway. I have had Softronic in my 997 for over a year and love it. Throttle response is very crisp, giving the feeling of extra torque and it really works well with airbox and exhaust mods. I didn't know Dan when I got mine, but dealt with Scott and he was extremely informative and helpful. I have since dealt with Dan a bunch (on HRE's, Bilsteins,K&N intake), and he is also extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I have been in the hospitality business for over twenty years and I think these guys just get it! They give good advice/information and they stand behind their products and services. I lucked into finding them on this forum. I highly reccomend Softronic, Vivid Racing, Dan and Scott.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Great story and glad to hear you got this resolved quickly. Flashing ECU can be tricky and I've been told more than once you have to be very patient and follow the instructions to the letter. Think your battery is fully charged and want to bypass the requirement to connect a charger? Don't even think about it... I can remember when I got one of the first "Shark Injectors" for my 2003 M3 and I thought about just going for it because the car was a daily driver. Then I thought about the warning in the instructions and had visions of having to tow the car to BMW and have something replaced... Charger on!

Kudos to Vivid and Softronic!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Now where are those Softronic ECU Flash orders

Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Thats right!!! I agree with Dan here!! He is officially open for business now and is taking orders but most importantly the GREAT Customer Service is second to none!!!! To all who ask about me feeling the difference. Let me just say this it's not turbo nor is it a super charger and we all know what a stock car feels like right? It's definitely not stock for sure!! The throttle response is quicker and you can feel it pulling more also. Everyone is gonna give their own opinion here on the flash but one thing is for sure how Dan & Scott took care me its not opinion it was the fact!! The fact that they didn't bail out on me!!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I can vouch for Dan as well. A couple years ago I purchased some JIC coilovers for my 996tt through Vivid. One of them had a mfgr defect and Dan handled the issue to satisfaction with constant contact with the folks at JIC. It took a little while to resolve the issue through no fault of Dan's whatsoever..his persistence to get the problem fixed is how he ended up with a happy customer. Once again, great work Dan.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
I would like to personally thank everyone of you, after all it is all about our customers.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,

Scott Slauson

Old 12-24-2011, 11:15 AM
tommyg500 is infamous around these parts
Nice to read about people receiving such great service!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I also had problems with installing the ecu tune on my previous car and Dan was very helpful and patient. He offered to help in ways that most do not. And since it was a 997.2, the tune can put it in limp mode, even if you do everything perfect as we did. The limp mode lasted for 12 hours but luckily I had other cars to drive. The directions are very detailed and a little confusing but follow them perfectly or pay the price.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I also had problems with installing the ecu tune on my previous car and Dan was very helpful and patient. He offered to help in ways that most do not. And since it was a 997.2, the tune can put it in limp mode, even if you do everything perfect as we did. The limp mode lasted for 12 hours but luckily I had other cars to drive. The directions are very detailed and a little confusing but follow them perfectly or pay the price.
What kind of performance bump did you get on your 2009S?

Old 12-24-2011, 12:09 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Domer911
What kind of performance bump did you get on your 2009S?
Not sure. When I got the tune I already had a tubi exhaust with cross pipe(3rd muffler delete). I really did not notice much increase at that time. A few months later I got a Fabspeed CAI and it just made the exhaust really high pitch at high rpms but not faster. Than with all the controversy of the IPD plenum I tried it out for only $900 installed. The plenum made the biggest difference I could feel, and it made the exhaust sound so much more muscular. Maybe it worked great because it brought everything else together, not sure. But with my VBOX I was getting to 60 in 3.6 seconds and 100 in 8.2. Those are amazing numbers for that car. Before I sold it, I took off all the mods except for the tune and my 60 time fell to 4.2 sec. So a .6second gain with my 3 bolt-ons. I would say if you do it then get an exhaust and the IPD plenum and you will be very happy. If you get the tune only then that is questionable, in my experience.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
any significant difference for cars with "sport mode" button?

Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vividracing
996cabova - buy it, if you dont like it, flash it back to stock and get a refund from me.
Man if i dint have mine flashed i would definitely take you up on that........that is great when a vendor has confidence in his product......+1 way to go vivid,
and by the way i have heard only good things about softronics , from mike at m-tech who services al my porsches and is a dealer.

Last edited by nyseal; 12-27-2011 at 07:01 AM.