997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dan is the MAN!!!!!!! (vivid) So is Scott (softronics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Dan is the MAN!!!!!!! (vivid) So is Scott (softronics)

Hello all !!!
After all the advices and research i did i finally pulled the trigger of the Softronic's ECU flash!! I (loyal customer) called Dan at Vivid Racing and of course he was there to answer all my questions about it. He sent me the cable first then the program to load my file so that i can send it back to Scott at Softronics. The very next day i receive an email with the tuned file from Scott and hurried home to flash it. Well..............something happened during my ecu flash (i'm sure i messed up somewhere) it stopped loading and gave me a failed messege!!!!!!!!!!! i freak out because i couldn't start my baby up anymore!! Early the next day Dan (The Man) walked me thru the process again but with no positive result so he got a hold of Scott and they told me to express it next day to him. Just today i got it back from Scott (espress back no charge) went home plugged it in and she woke up again!!!!!

What's the moral of the story? Dan was more then patient, more then helpful, more then attentive to my needs. His great customer support in helping me locate the ecu and keeping me informed and calmed thru out the tracking and process of getting my ecu fixed!!! For that i am very greatful!! But what i respect most is that he gave me his cell number to contact after hour and all this while he was under the weather!!! It's not only about selling a product with them it's about retaining the customer after we buy it thats important. Thank you guys!!!! Can't wait to take her for a ride now!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No problem man. Posts and comments like this make doing what we do worth it! Cant wait to see pics of your car and review how the performance is.
Dan

Old 02-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
it is called murphy's law - too many people just want to complain about things not working as opposed to how well someone fixed their instance of murphy's work.

you have to go with the view that the customer is always right, but a great customer will get great service.

kudo's to both.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
can't resist - why vivd as opposed to giac ecu upgrade?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that it all worked out and that you are happy with the customer service experience. Good work, Vivid- your reputation seems to be well deserved!

I am curious about what might have gone wrong? Has the vendor fixed what caused the problem so that it doesn't happen to subsequent buyers? My 911S is a daily driver, and I'd be forced to incur the added expense of a rental if that had happened to me.
CATTMAN

Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have never sold GIAC and have always been a partner of Softronic for Porsche ECU upgrades.

This was not a software problem guys, user error as bobby suggested. Something happened with his upload process. The weird thing is when Scott at Softronic got the ECU, he said nothing was wrong with it. Plugged it in and flashed it fine. Bottomline - Bobby was taken care of !

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Ok now opinion of the Softronic Flash please. Im on the fence as we speak on a ECU flash and debating on which one to get. Let us know what ya think

Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Couldn't resist!!! Guys i went a for a short drive late last night and it just so happened that i was able to test her out! i was minding my own business when a supped up nissan Z hit me up! And then all of a sudden a few seconds later i didn't see him anymore!!! LOL anyways it was a short drive and i could feel the throttle response was much quicker! I say again guys when spending our money please spend it on someone like Dan who have shown me that he just won't disappear when you need him most!!! I couldn't have been happier especially when he was right next to me the whole time even when we were states apart!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that everything worked out. Dan and Scott went to bat for you. You've just convinced me to contact Dan regarding the Softronic Upgrade

Originally Posted by 911bobby
Couldn't resist!!! Guys i went a for a short drive late last night and it just so happened that i was able to test her out! i was minding my own business when a supped up nissan Z hit me up! And then all of a sudden a few seconds later i didn't see him anymore!!! LOL anyways it was a short drive and i could feel the throttle response was much quicker! I say again guys when spending our money please spend it on someone like Dan who have shown me that he just won't disappear when you need him most!!! I couldn't have been happier especially when he was right next to me the whole time even when we were states apart!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 911bobby
So Bobby is the Softronic worth it to you or what. You see a definite difference?????

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
They didn't just just go to bat for me they slugged it out the ball park!!!!! hey guys how much pony does the new mustang GT have?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
nice work Dan!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
996cabova - buy it, if you dont like it, flash it back to stock and get a refund from me.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I had the same experience with both Dan and Scott,I installed the k&N cold air and softronics and whenever I need help or had a questions they were there for me,And I can feel the difference after the install.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
996cabova - buy it, if you dont like it, flash it back to stock and get a refund from me.
Wow, that's a great proposal. Shows the confidence you have in Softronic!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dan is the MAN!!!!!!! (vivid) So is Scott (softronics)