997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 997.2 C4S Cab build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
My 997.2 C4S Cab build.

Well here is my new spec for my c4s cab I have an April build. I never thought I would have two Porsches in my stable at one time but here it is…time to sell off some of the older cars. Let me know what you guys think of the spec.

Here it is:

BASE 911 CARRERA 4S CABRIOLET
A1 BLACK
V9 CABRIOLET ROOF IN BLACK
06 BROWN NATUAL LEATHER
342 HEATED FRONT SEATS
267 SELF DIMMING MIRRORS
XRR 19” CARRERA SPORT WHEELS
176 SPORTS EXHAUST
640 SPORT CHRO PACKAGE PLUS
672 NAVIGATION MODULE FOR PCM
680 BOSE HIGH END SOUND PACKAGE
686 XM RADIO
998 LEATHER INTERIOR NATURAL LTHR
XMZ REAR CENTER CONSOLE – LEATHER
XSC PORSCHE CREST IN HEADREST
24951 DEVIATING CARPET
619 BLUETOOTH PHONE INTERFACE
810 FLOOR MATS IN INTERIOR COLOR
450 CERAMIC COMPOSITE BRAKES –PCCB
P15 PWR COMFORT SEATS W/DRIVER MEM
CDZ GEAR LEVER TRIM IN LEATHER
603 DYNAMIC CORNERING LIGHTS
870 UNIVERSAL AUDIO INTERFACE
CXB DOOR ENTERY GRDS STL STEEL ILLU
ECA GEAR/HANDBRAKE LEVER ALU LOOK
XXZ FOOTREST ALUMINUM
XPA THICKER STEERING WHEEL-LEATHER
XAJ SIDE SKIRTS IN EXTERIOR COLOR
DAN EXTERIOR PACKAGE IN EXT COLOR
541 SEAT VENTILATION
CUV STORAGE CMPT LID W/ MODEL LOGO

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by jpcourt; 02-28-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
no short throw shifter or sport pasm?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bara
no short throw shifter or sport pasm?
PASM is standard and the short throw was not an option, but will have it dealer installed.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
It would be interesting if you post the MSRP and the negotiated price.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
that is a great build. the beauty of p cars - custom to the nTH degree!

deviated carpet on that natural brown looks really nice.

are you doing any deviated stitching? even a little on the door handles and steering wheel - no more.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by adias
It would be interesting if you post the MSRP and the negotiated price.
MSRP was $139,610 and I did about a 7% discount... I know I could probably do a little better, but I am of the mind set that they have to make a few bucks on the deal... no matter how many cars I buy from them. I am treated so well when it comes to service and over all, that I feel they deserve to make some money on the deal... ok let the comments fly on that one

Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
that is a great build. the beauty of p cars - custom to the nTH degree!

deviated carpet on that natural brown looks really nice.

are you doing any deviated stitching? even a little on the door handles and steering wheel - no more.
No, No deviated stitching on this one, in the past I have gone crazy with this option and decided to go without this time... though i did think about doing black stitching, but decided to leave in alone on this one.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Are you sure about the black ext on the brown int? Do you have any pics of that combo? I think it might be a bit "heavy" for a cab.

For a cab, my preference might be to midnight blue on some lighter tan interior. Or maybe that new dark ruby red color, if that's not too fem.

No PDK?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by CMOS
Are you sure about the black ext on the brown int? Do you have any pics of that combo? I think it might be a bit "heavy" for a cab.

For a cab, my preference might be to midnight blue on some lighter tan interior. Or maybe that new dark ruby red color, if that's not too fem.

No PDK?
OH I'm sure... i saw the combo on a C2S and it looked very rich, I loved it.

As far as PDK, I like to shift for myself, I drove the PDK and it was a great transmission, but not for me. I had an M5 with the SMG transmission and I hated it, that being said PDK is night and day better, just not for me.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Liking those options... should be a fun daily!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:00 AM
porscheman1963 is infamous around these parts
This build looks almost identical to my March 18 build, Basalt Black w Natural Brown C4S Cab !!!! Nice job !!!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
SilverEdge is infamous around these parts
Looks great! You might consider getting the trim strip and door handle surrounds and openers painted exterior color. It brings the color into the car and ties it together. I have this on my red/black C2S and these small accents get more compliments than anything else.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds amazing!

Few things...

Did i miss full leather? or partial? Any interior trim in CF/silver or just all leather wrapped? The 19 sport wheels...which ones are they on the 9972's? The ones that kinda look like a "star" ?

Overall i think it sounds like a GREAT build. The C4S cab really is a special car too. To me, it is one of (if not THE) purest PCars and best all around PCar too. Major Congrats.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Sounds amazing!

Few things...

Did i miss full leather? or partial? Any interior trim in CF/silver or just all leather wrapped? The 19 sport wheels...which ones are they on the 9972's? The ones that kinda look like a "star" ?

Overall i think it sounds like a GREAT build. The C4S cab really is a special car too. To me, it is one of (if not THE) purest PCars and best all around PCar too. Major Congrats.
The car has full leather. No CF on this one I went with some aluminum.

Here is a picture of the wheel:

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Alum will look nice with that black/brn combo. Ah ok...i wasnt sure what wheel they put on since the 997.2 has those new sport wheels. They are nice though....

When does she arrive???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997.2 C4S Cab build.