997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Adrenaline rush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Adrenaline rush

Hey guys have a little story, I couldnt make this up if I wanted to. Im going to try to keep this short and to the point.

So my friend texts me and wanted to see if I would go get a coffee and take a ride w her. I said yea and so pick her up take a ride down towards the beaches about 35 min away, she hasnt seen my C2S yet only my 996 so she says love the new car yada yada, then she asks me would I every get a Ferrari or Lambo im like I would DIE for one but around here in New England the roads suck not worth it Porsche is the best for a sports car and a DD. So she said she seen a Orange Gallardo around I said yea me too, I tried to race him and he didnt bite.. so she was laughing. Now the good part

On Rte 1 coming out of the beaches doing prob 50 just cruising notice Xeon lights coming up but not fast but they look different very small, so it pulls up next to me a Lambo... a MURCI at that ....im like do u believe this. He goes bye me but not fast and I get behind him and i get in the right lane and we stop at the light side by side. The guy has a smoking girl in the front we look at them and we give him a thumbs up.. it was Yellow w Yellow rims deep dish this car was the sickest car Ive ever seen w my own 2 eyes. So light turns green we dont punch it he goes off then I hit that sport button and told my friend hold on..I get along side him and we FLOOR it... im not saying he didnt know how to drive the car becuz that doesnt make sense but he didnt pull on me and as a car fan I know better than a C2S staying w a Murci Im going with he felt bad for me and was 2 gears ahead of me haha. But the road was dark and no one out and we hit 145mph it was a RUSH and a HALF that car sounds AMAZINGGGG.

So I take 2 things out of this. 1 That Murci is the best looking car Ive seen and thanks 2 the guy for not embarrassing me lol

But 2 my car was MOVING IDK I just put a BMC and CAI and all I can say is my car especially w Sport Button on is WAY quicker and faster. My RPMs where flying from 4k to redline in like 1 sec. Maybe my car had some serious breathing issues b4 but its like my car is a 997.2 or something. So for any1 w a stock car and want to do a upgrade do a CAI and a BMC Filter it has mad a HUGE difference in my car.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
wow

145mph on public streets...?

Last edited by strife_wy; 03-01-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
145mph on a dark road is irresponsible. Sounds like you need to get your juices flowing, so why not a track day, where you can go as fast as you want around others who accept the risk? You'd probably get a lot out of it, and leave the roads safer for my wife and kids.
CATTMAN

Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Agreed. Time for a track day.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 AM
MartinJF is infamous around these parts
+1 on what CATTMAN says, take your car to the track.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
hear what your saying about go to track...but hard to turn opportunity down

Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I think I would have bailed at 100

Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Guys let me say im not a speed demon and drive recklessly around. When I say dark road it was dark out and a road to the beach is 2 lanes w NO1 on it esp now in the winter, so thats y i did what we did. I hear u guys w the track though I think I need to go that route one of these days. Appreciate the feedback and just want to let my fellow members no that IM NOT CARELESS when it comes to driving I respect others on the road.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Cai?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
cold air intake?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Doesn't sound careless to me especially on a road without traffic and without going through intersections at that speed. The sports car owner who hasn't crossed triple digits on public streets is very rare.

Sounds like a thrill.

Be careful - you will definitely get SPANKED for that kind of driving, if you find yourself caught.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Doesn't sound careless to me especially on a road without traffic and without going through intersections at that speed. The sports car owner who hasn't crossed triple digits on public streets is very rare.

Sounds like a thrill.

Be careful - you will definitely get SPANKED for that kind of driving, if you find yourself caught.

Spanked??? OMG, I am not even getting a reach around with my ticket at 35over. Kurt check out my OP ouuuuuuch. If he was caught at 145 they would take him out at point blank range

Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Not to burst your bubble, but a CAI and a BMC will not give you any noticable gains. The sport button also doesn't provide any extra power, it just gives you a remapped throttle, so the slightest touch of the gas pedal will feel like you are putting you foot down.

I too say take it to the track, driving 145mph (240 km/h) isn't the smartest thing to do, one wrong move and you and your passenger are dead. Not to mention any inocent person that might get in the way.

Great story otherwise, the Lambo's are hot, the Indy that services my car is also the local Lambo dealer, always nice to see those beautiful machines.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
There is a DE at NHMS, May 19th & 20th, NCR/NE region. Bring it and have some fun..

Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
what is CAI?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline rush