997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997s - Add adaptive seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Sub
Sub is infamous around these parts
997s - Add Adaptive Sport seat?

Has anyone done this? I really want the adaptive seat, and many cars are not equipped with them, so it really limits my selection. If the car has power seats, is it possible to add the adaptive seat? I have taken seats out of cars before and am assuming the bolt locations are the same as the other seat options, but am worried about the wiring harness.

Also, where is a good source to order the seat? Any available from sources other than Porsche Parts?? When I went to the parts counter, they didn't have the seat as a single part #, so it would have meant ordering each bolt, piece of leather, etc to make a seat. We didn't get down to the exact price, but it was thousands for sure.

Last edited by Sub; 03-12-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sub
Has anyone done this? I really want the adaptive seat, and many cars are not equipped with them, so it really limits my selection. If the car has power seats, is it possible to add the adaptive seat? I have taken seats out of cars before and am assuming the bolt locations are the same as the other seat options, but am worried about the wiring harness.

Also, where is a good source to order the seat? Any available from sources other than Porsche Parts?? When I went to the parts counter, they didn't have the seat as a single part #, so it would have meant ordering each bolt, piece of leather, etc to make a seat. We didn't get down to the exact price, but it was thousands for sure.
If you wait about a year I might just take mine out and place in the sports bucket seats . That's the seat I like but I am not ready to blow 7K on them until I get a little more use out of my sports adaptives .
BTW -they only come in black if bought from Porsche parts .

Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Sub
Originally Posted by yrralis1
If you wait about a year I might just take mine out and place in the sports bucket seats . That's the seat I like but I am not ready to blow 7K on them until I get a little more use out of my sports adaptives .
BTW -they only come in black if bought from Porsche parts .
Keep me in mind. Price? Why not just do the driver's side first? I only need the driver's side.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I don't think that it would be a problem, the seat has three plugs underneath for connecting the seats power, airbags, and seatbelt sensor. I am not sure about the memory portion of lower and upper side bolsters, but otherwise should work well.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sub
Keep me in mind. Price? Why not just do the driver's side first? I only need the driver's side.
LOL I am laughing so hard I can't type. I need my drivers side too.

I have haven't even thought of the price . I know that the sport buckets are 7K . I almost bought them but my seats are kept well and I can't see taking out seats that are like new .

Those(sports bucket) are the seats to get .The sports adaptives are very good though.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Sub
I guess what I mean to say was, are you replacing both sides? Maybe do one at a time. Haha!

I tried out the bucket seats, but they didn't work for me.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sub
I guess what I mean to say was, are you replacing both sides? Maybe do one at a time. Haha!

I tried out the bucket seats, but they didn't work for me.
I would replace the entire set . They come as a set . I might even consider another Techart steering wheel to match the carbon . It's pricey considering my last mod buying frenzy so I figured 1 year or so .

Just an afterthought . You might find someone local ready to swap seats before trading in his car. It hedges his trade in loss a bit and gets you a reasonable deal on the seats.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Sub
I'd be all for it!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Nij
Nij is infamous around these parts
Adaptive Sport Seats

Hey there have been 3 sets of the Ad. Sport Seats on ebay in the last year. I too wanted that upgrade and yes the dealer can build them but only piece by piece, this is way too expensive. I just picked up a pair (full electric powered + heated) for 2k (ebaymotors, parts) and I am heading over to Champion Motorsport to have my standard power Comfort Seats on the 997TT (2007) replaced with these Ad. Sport Seats. I was told they did the swap in the past without any problems.
I will let you all know how it goes.

Search on ebaymotors: "Porsche Seats", every so often a pair of the Ad. Sport Seats are listed. Please don't pay more than 2k for the pair unless you really need them. They were originally listed at $4,500USD on ebay..and on sale of your porsche they really don't get you any more money for your car.

Last edited by Nij; 03-12-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Sub
Thanks Nij, please keep us posted here on your install. It would seem to me that if the car already had heated/power seats (i.e. the stock heated sport seats), then adding adaptive ones would be easy and bolt/connect right up? Thanks for any feedback here. Its an expensive gamble if it ends up requiring an entire wiring harness or something.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
u mean sport adaptive seats?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Sub
Originally Posted by dksu
u mean sport adaptive seats?
Yup, those are them!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Sub
Thanks for the links. There is also: http://www.dcauto.com/

Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 AM
997 brake dust is infamous around these parts
Agree. Will see more and more adaptive seats on ebay as people upgrade to the sport bucket seats. Probably ranks number one on my mod wish list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997s - Add adaptive seat?