997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Northshore/Boston Area Porsche Drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Northshore/Boston Area Porsche Drivers

At some point soon I would like to get a meet together for the North of Boston area. I suppose it would include New hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island...or whoever. Coffee anyone. I would like to set a date for this in the April/May or when the weather is a little better.
Just planning ahead.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Keep us posted sounds like a plan

Old 03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
+1 in

Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Nitro911s is infamous around these parts
+1 from NY, i wish the PCA would do more meets like this

Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
How about Newport RI

If you come I will host,,,, meaning I have planned others down here and its a great location for those coming from Ma. NH, RI, NY etc....and CT. Also a destination spot so those with wives, girlfriends and or a child can make a day of it..... food, shopping, great food and bars and amazing scenery, some very nice roads etc...great B/B's and hotels in the area etc...

I am setting up a date regardless, but curious if you all would be interested? If yes let me know and I will start getting dates together and gathering date. Was thinking end of April..... thoughts?

Nice meeting spot, on the ocean where the official meet will be, great views and salt water air, great ramble ride through the city and then over some amazing Bridges through other rural areas etc.... nice mix.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM
yorksboy01742 is infamous around these parts
I am in - did the one in Hopkinton with you - would be keen to see what RI has to offer - apart from state trooppers...!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
I have a race on 4/18/09, and after that I'm free for a couple of weeks so anytime n there will be fine for me.

Are you associated with the PCA?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
The North Shore meet

Hey guys. Im glad that there are people interested in this.
McFluff, I would love to do the Newport one. It is a great area.
I plan on hosting one here in the Coastal area between Newburyport Mass and Portsmouth New Hampshire. We have a great RT. 1 drive. I just need to decide where exactly. With some of the responses on this thread I am not sure which people are replying to?
For myself I would do the Newport one if there is a date that fits and I will be planning one for this area. Hopefully we can share some great roads.
What do these days consist of: I am great planner but would love some ideas.
Thanks in advance...

Old 03-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Porsche119
I plan on hosting one here in the Coastal area between Newburyport Mass and Portsmouth New Hampshire. We have a great RT. 1 drive. I just need to decide where exactly. With some of the responses on this thread I am not sure which people are replying to?
For myself I would do the Newport one if there is a date that fits and I will be planning one for this area. Hopefully we can share some great roads.
Thanks in advance...

That's great I'll attend, I live in Haverhill. If there is anything I can do LEMENO.

Say we leave Newburyport, up coastal rte 1 to portsmouth, over the bridge to Kittery for lobster at Chauncey Creek. From there we can head further up coast as far as you want. Or, head up state past Durham and up to the big lake (Winnipesaukee ) in NH. There is over 100 miles of coast there and have ****tails at Weirs beach. Then past NHMS onto 93S heading home. Just a thought
It really doesn't matter to me since whereever we go we'll be in our toys
:-)

See ya next month

Old 03-07-2009, 11:27 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Could start in North Ma area and drive south to Newport RI Sure you would get some takers meeting you down by 495/90 intersection etc... Gumball run (safely) to Newport for a meet etc... just an idea.

Originally Posted by Sweeper
That's great I'll attend, I live in Haverhill. If there is anything I can do LEMENO.

Say we leave Newburyport, up coastal rte 1 to portsmouth, over the bridge to Kittery for lobster at Chauncey Creek. From there we can head further up coast as far as you want. Or, head up state past Durham and up to the big lake (Winnipesaukee ) in NH. There is over 100 miles of coast there and have ****tails at Weirs beach. Then past NHMS onto 93S heading home. Just a thought
It really doesn't matter to me since whereever we go we'll be in our toys
:-)

See ya next month

Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Meet

The ideal meet IMO is the following. (a true meet not just a cars and coffee)

Ideal meeting spot; nice parking, nice views, Ocean is great.... town/city that is a destination place again so people can bring signifigent others and they can package the day as such if needed. Nice dining and sites in area as well is bonus... also a nice spot to take some pictures.... or along the way if you know of an area where some nice pics can be taklen thats walst nice...

Near: Gas station, coffee, food, ice cream etc if possible....

Clear date with clear meeting times and directions........

Handheld radio's, 2-4; 1 for lead car and 1 for last car, even 1 in between to keep group together during run. Lead person a driver that has lead a group prior and not in a funeral procession.... keeping an eye out for last car etc....

Contact info: If people don't mind to hand out cell phone numbers etc prior great in case one is lost or a few minutes late. If not prior then at least leader gives out his cell to all drivers in case they brake up....

Local drivers Home/Garage in the area if possible: In case someone needs a quick tweak, wrench, bathroom, accident, also bonus to have a home base of operation in case.....also those that want to stay later if host offers up a wash and wax so car is nice for the ride home....(I have garages here in Newport)

Nice mapped out drive.... as detailed as possible with a few check points meeting spots along the way to ensure group stays together.... Group leader to have a hand out with the details or general idea of the ride to give out before departure..... (meets I planned in Ma were short, gatherings (meet and greet) just ad-hoc rides....... which is Ok, but official meet this is best...) Nice combo of maybe a downtown drive by, some rides through beautifual neighborhoods, scenic, bridges are fun, some strect of a few miles in highways is always fun if possible etc... to nice rural less traveled roads...

Conclusion..... end the event at a spot like the begining with ample parking.....where people can hang around and chat after, maybe get an ice cream or coffee or even end at or near a restaraunt so people that want can have diner toghether...few drinks etc....

Finally a cautious warning to all those attending.... drive safe, have fun, spirited drive is OK but no crazt wreckless power sliding and 140mph runs on the freeway.... fun cars, no need to drive like an old lady but keep sense about ourselves.... sounds easy but in pack of finally tuned 911's you find yourself a little friskier then the norm.... need to stay in check. One bozo move can destroy the whole event.

Just some advice, hope it helped.....

Originally Posted by Porsche119
Thanks in advance...

Last edited by mickfluff; 03-07-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks McFluff

Very Good Advice...I had the same thoughts in mind. So I will try to plan accordingly and keep everyone up to date.
I would still be interested in the Newport Run...so also keep me posted.
D