997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Not So Red Anymore (BBS Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Hey Jason, if you're rocking a 15mm spacer in the rear, that means you have a final offset of +35, which is really low! I only had a 10mm spacer in the rear when I had it on my car, with a final offset of +40. I had my camber maxed out to -3.x and I was still rubbing. If/When you do lower your car, it will rub for sure, since you're running them 5mm more aggressive than I was.
I am not sure what M32 sent me. He thought you were running 15mm and sent me those. The offset is pretty aggressive even without spacers since I believe these are actually the 4/4S offsets according to tirerack. If I lower I will probably go down to 5mm spacers....

Jason

Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Jason,

Love the new look! The drop will really set it off

edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JEllis
I am not sure what M32 sent me. He thought you were running 15mm and sent me those. The offset is pretty aggressive even without spacers since I believe these are actually the 4/4S offsets according to tirerack. If I lower I will probably go down to 5mm spacers....

Jason
Aaron,

The spacers I got from you are the 15mm (or 17mm.... I forgot now) ones I believe. Jason, if you start to rub, I still have 7mm spacers I will trade with you if you decide to go that route.

Edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Edwin, the spacers that came with the wheel's were Ace's spacers, I still have my 10mm spacers. Jason, once you lower the car, you can actually run them without spacers and it will still be aggressive enough. I think it would rub even with a small 7mm spacer and a proper alignment. Feel free to try it though and prove me wrong so I can run the same setup! I'm currently running 19x11 +50 no rubbing.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Hey Edwin, the spacers that came with the wheel's were Ace's spacers, I still have my 10mm spacers. Jason, once you lower the car, you can actually run them without spacers and it will still be aggressive enough. I think it would rub even with a small 7mm spacer and a proper alignment. Feel free to try it though and prove me wrong so I can run the same setup! I'm currently running 19x11 +50 no rubbing.
Awesome!

Jason

Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by M32
Jason,

Love the new look! The drop will really set it off

edwin
Yeah I am probably go to go the damptronics route unless anyone has a better solution for a good street coilover with the possibility of a few track days.

Originally Posted by M32
Aaron,

The spacers I got from you are the 15mm (or 17mm.... I forgot now) ones I believe. Jason, if you start to rub, I still have 7mm spacers I will trade with you if you decide to go that route.

Edwin
Yeah I will trade with you!

Jason

Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Here is a pic showing the offset with 15mm spacers.... really makes me wonder how those ET25 LM's are going to fit on a 997NB...

Jason

Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
From that pic, I can tell you right now, when you drop it, and leave it as a 35mm offset, the tire will rub and shred on the metal tab that connects the rear bumper to the fender. The ET25 LM's can only fit on the 997NB if you run a stretched 275/30/19 or 285/30/19. I ran ET25 Work brombacher's with the 285 setup and didn't rub at all.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Update!

B16 Damptronics on the way... I am weak!

Thanks to Dan from Vivid Racing for hooking me up!

Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 03-12-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, You will like them a lot!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
GMS03 is infamous around these parts
looks good, but I think it's quite high...

Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Great looking but I do feel for you come time to clean

Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
That looks awesome!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold

Red BBS center caps would make it perfect

Last edited by Roller; 03-15-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Agreed....I ordered some about two weeks ago....

Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not So Red Anymore (BBS Content)