997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Not So Red Anymore (BBS Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Not So Red Anymore (BBS Content)

Well I picked these up from fellow member M32.

I originally decided I was not going to install these until I lowered the car on Damptronics but after talking to a fellow Pcar owner and track junky I decided it might be better to see how I like the wheels with the stock suspension. Basically, he believed very strongly in the Porsche engineers and cautioned me about lowering. So today I put them on. And to be honest, they look fantastic at the stock height! Pics always tend to exaggerate the fender gap but they really are beautiful in person! V35 who originally had these really liked aggressive offsets, as shown....

By the way, these are going to be a b!tch to clean!!!!!

Jason

Old 03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
They look great! Congrats!

I think that fender gap is a small price to pay to retain a great suspension setup (stock).

Old 03-07-2009, 08:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jason, those wheels look great. BBS are classic and will always look at home on a 911.

As for lowering your car, Porsche has two heights, North America and Rest Of World. I have heard that NA is higher for either road conditions or the NA crash requirments need the cars to sit a little higher. Either way lowering your car with Damptronics, corner balancing and good alignmnet (I have ROW agressive alignmnet, spec'd by Porsche) will allow your car to handle a lot better then the OEM suspension.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:11 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey jason, looks a lot better than the red wheels! Looks great, but if you decide to lower the car, it'll really highlight them better!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
The new wheels look fantastic. BBS are timeless just like the 911.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
what size and offset are they? tires?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
Looks good. I am an OEM purist also. I tend to think Porsche engineers are better than aftermarket.

That being said if you are going to track I think the American ride height is too high and you will notice a lot of body roll under hard cornering and nose dive under hard braking.

I have Porsche Motorsports lower control arms from GMG, rear toe links from GMG, GMG 997 GT3 WC adjustable sway bars, and the Bilstein Damptronics set at about ROW height. I also have a pretty aggressive alignment by GMG. I am certain the car handles better with these modifications than the OEM set up.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JEllis
Well I picked these up from fellow member M32.

I originally decided I was not going to install these until I lowered the car on Damptronics but after talking to a fellow Pcar owner and track junky I decided it might be better to see how I like the wheels with the stock suspension. Basically, he believed very strongly in the Porsche engineers and cautioned me about lowering. So today I put them on. And to be honest, they look fantastic at the stock height! Pics always tend to exaggerate the fender gap but they really are beautiful in person! V35 who originally had these really liked aggressive offsets, as shown....

By the way, these are going to be a b!tch to clean!!!!!

Jason
Jason...OUTSTANDING!! I am never into the same color wheel as exterior paint choice..but you can't beat the classic BBS wheels.

Dave

Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTSilver997
They look great! Congrats!

I think that fender gap is a small price to pay to retain a great suspension setup (stock).
Agreed and to be honest the pics make it look worse than it really is....

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Jason, those wheels look great. BBS are classic and will always look at home on a 911.

As for lowering your car, Porsche has two heights, North America and Rest Of World. I have heard that NA is higher for either road conditions or the NA crash requirments need the cars to sit a little higher. Either way lowering your car with Damptronics, corner balancing and good alignmnet (I have ROW agressive alignmnet, spec'd by Porsche) will allow your car to handle a lot better then the OEM suspension.
I agree with you and I am still on the fence.... I need to come up with an extra 3k!

Originally Posted by v35
Hey jason, looks a lot better than the red wheels! Looks great, but if you decide to lower the car, it'll really highlight them better!
Agreed!

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
The new wheels look fantastic. BBS are timeless just like the 911.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bara
what size and offset are they? tires?
Specs are 19x8.5 +55 and 19x11 + 50 with 235/35 and 295/30

Originally Posted by 996toomey
Looks good. I am an OEM purist also. I tend to think Porsche engineers are better than aftermarket.

That being said if you are going to track I think the American ride height is too high and you will notice a lot of body roll under hard cornering and nose dive under hard braking.

I have Porsche Motorsports lower control arms from GMG, rear toe links from GMG, GMG 997 GT3 WC adjustable sway bars, and the Bilstein Damptronics set at about ROW height. I also have a pretty aggressive alignment by GMG. I am certain the car handles better with these modifications than the OEM set up.
GMG does awesome work!! They did my full exhaust and ROW GT3 bumper!

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Jason...OUTSTANDING!! I am never into the same color wheel as exterior paint choice..but you can't beat the classic BBS wheels.

Dave
Thanks!

Jason

Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't miss those red wheels at all . These are beautiful . Nice upgrade. The red wheels looked like you ran over a cat . I never understood what you saw in them . Congrats on the huge impeovement.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
LM is right no money! But it really need Damptronics to make it look right!

Here is a PS preview and new avatar for you!

Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't miss those red wheels at all . These are beautiful . Nice upgrade. The red wheels looked like you ran over a cat . I never understood what you saw in them . Congrats on the huge impeovement.
Thanks, Suspension will probably be next mod.... I was trying to fight it... I am not that strong

Originally Posted by Ray
LM is right no money! But it really need Damptronics to make it look right!

Here is a PS preview and new avatar for you!

I hate you! Just kidding... Damptronics here I come....

Jason

Old 03-07-2009, 10:45 PM
aggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the rough
Looks excellent Jason - sooooo much better than the old wheels.

Great to see so many people commenting as well.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by aggie57
Looks excellent Jason - sooooo much better than the old wheels.

Great to see so many people commenting as well.
Thanks man!

Jason

Old 03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i love the new look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not So Red Anymore (BBS Content)