997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best color for 997.2 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:03 AM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I can't pick someone elses car for them . I have even seen some unusual colors look fantastic . Look at the gorgeous green Turbo on the 997tt forum . Even an orange Turbo looks amazing.

I don't see many 997S cars going over the top with color choices and I myself am traditional .I like black.
Next in line would be a special order GT silver .
When I was in Manhatten Motors in New York.....they had almost every color on the floor....I kept on going back to the GT silver. It really is a nice silver. But I finally had a hard time justifying the extra cost and put the money into other options. I also went to Black and love it.

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:14 AM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
I would say guards red. Black looks amazing, but it's just such a hard color to keep up with!

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:28 AM
Plexiform is infamous around these parts
aqua blue is pretty cool. cobalt blue is sweet too....dont forget to get the aero kit

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:28 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lockie
When I was in Manhatten Motors in New York.....they had almost every color on the floor....I kept on going back to the GT silver. It really is a nice silver. But I finally had a hard time justifying the extra cost and put the money into other options. I also went to Black and love it.
The GT silver looks beautiful with black sports adaptives and red stitching . Throw on some brushed wheels or some dark carbon dymags --yikes !!!!

There are some very beautiful cars on the Turbo forum . Since some guys here don't post there I want to show you two which I find so beautiful.

Notice the close up of a matte(texture change) roof on the orange car. Plus the green car is amazing!!!

Attached Images   
Old 03-15-2009 | 10:06 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I'm traditional as well, wanted silver but the black chose me...when it's clean, stunning. It 's a labor of love to keep it looking like this though

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2009 | 11:35 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
I'm traditional as well, wanted silver but the black chose me...when it's clean, stunning. It 's a labor of love to keep it looking like this though
I love your car.... though I would get the clear side markers..

Old 03-16-2009 | 06:45 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lockie
I love your car.... though I would get the clear side markers..
Got them...old picture.

Old 03-16-2009 | 08:30 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
color

white w/ stone grey

Old 03-16-2009 | 08:44 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
No offense intended but are you intending to buy the car for the forum members or yourself. To be honest if you can't decide on your favorite color for your own car maybe you should take some decision making workshops.

Now if was going to buy a new 997.2 it would be silver (artic or GT) and a full black leather interior. I wouldn't 'waste' money on deviated stitching but rather some performance related option. The solid black leather (sans deviated stitching) is elegant and timeless.

There . . . You got my order. When will my car be delivered? (lol)

Old 03-16-2009 | 09:06 PM
|
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by AP 997S
No offense intended but are you intending to buy the car for the forum members or yourself. To be honest if you can't decide on your favorite color for your own car maybe you should take some decision making workshops.

Now if was going to buy a new 997.2 it would be silver (artic or GT) and a full black leather interior. I wouldn't 'waste' money on deviated stitching but rather some performance related option. The solid black leather (sans deviated stitching) is elegant and timeless.

There . . . You got my order. When will my car be delivered? (lol)

Truth be known, I make decisions all day long in my professional life. This is just all about having fun, not indecisiveness. That said, I assume most Porsche buyers spend a good deal of time mulling over the abundant choices. Part of a very successful and sophisticated marketing program, if you ask me, and I'm a model consumer for them! And, I agree full black is timeless, but natural dark gray is equally elegant and arguably more unique and serviceable. Now, if I get red seatbelts do I understand correctly you don't want the car?

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:28 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
I think most of the colors look great and all have their advantages and disadvantages. I keep swearing to myself that I'm through with black cars but I always seem to end up with another one. Personally, I'm always looking into resale because I know that I can't keep a car too long. For Porsche's, I think the easiest colors to sell would be black, silver and white. Although I think the blue colors look great, they never seemed very popular which makes me think that there's less of a market when I want to sell?? Same with yellow and red. Best of luck.

Old 03-17-2009 | 12:46 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dlchasen
Truth be known, I make decisions all day long in my professional life. This is just all about having fun, not indecisiveness. That said, I assume most Porsche buyers spend a good deal of time mulling over the abundant choices. Part of a very successful and sophisticated marketing program, if you ask me, and I'm a model consumer for them! And, I agree full black is timeless, but natural dark gray is equally elegant and arguably more unique and serviceable. Now, if I get red seatbelts do I understand correctly you don't want the car?
If a red belted 997.2 in any color showed up in my driveway and was registered in my name I'd be 'forced' to accept it.

Bottom line I love all things Porsche; silver, black, blue, white, red, yellow, etc. etc.

I wish I was ordering a new 997.2 right now. However, the economy has me staying in my old black/black 2005 997S for awhile.

Best of luck on your decision and ultimate order.

Keep us posted.

Old 03-17-2009 | 02:24 AM
aggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the rough
There was a ruby red C2S at the Melbourne Motor Show last week; stunning!!

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:50 AM
|
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by dk10438
I think most of the colors look great and all have their advantages and disadvantages. I keep swearing to myself that I'm through with black cars but I always seem to end up with another one. Personally, I'm always looking into resale because I know that I can't keep a car too long. For Porsche's, I think the easiest colors to sell would be black, silver and white. Although I think the blue colors look great, they never seemed very popular which makes me think that there's less of a market when I want to sell?? Same with yellow and red. Best of luck.
Well said. Most colors look great much the same as any dress looks great on a outstanding looking woman. Your comment about upkeep and resale is absolutely right. The best color oftentimes depends on the purpose to be served.

AP 997S:
Once again, great Porsche marketing at its best. At least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're not getting hammered by depreciation.

Old 03-17-2009 | 08:57 AM
DPorcella@sbcgl is infamous around these parts
interior leather

Originally Posted by dlchasen
And, I agree full black is timeless, but natural dark gray is equally elegant and arguably more unique and serviceable. Now, if I get red seatbelts do I understand correctly you don't want the car?
I'm glad someone (else) sees the advantage of dark gray natural leather over the squeaky, painted black leather. Elegant and with a barely discernible, microscopic nap, and it looks in real life almost as black as black. Almost like having the entire car done in micro-alcantara, but with that great smell. . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best color for 997.2 C2S