997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Modification Regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
No regrets on any of my mods.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
mods

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
When you say "on par" what do you mean by that? How close are the 1/4 miles times and trap speeds?

Check out the TPC and VF eng. sites. They show some times there. Mine comments are strickly from the butt dyno and experience with the 2 cars. I have no data from my cars to back up the statement.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
please list mods you regret you have done to your 997. or maybe that you didnt do some soon enough.

was kind of surprised to read that more than a few people say they regret lowering their car (for ex.) when most rave about it here.

my car is virgin so far but would like to hear your stories
Maybe some regrets here?? https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ll-sudden.html

Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
pnutty is infamous around these parts
muffler bypass - I totally regret this, made the car sound ridiculous, wish i went with my Tubi from the start.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Question, did any if you guys regret your mods from a warranty standpoint?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nucjd
Question, did any if you guys regret your mods from a warranty standpoint?
Nope...haven't had any problems,which would be the only time warranty would apply!
Hope that statement makes sense?!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
mods are great but you get nothing back from them when u try and sell

Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spudz5
mods are great but you get nothing back from them when u try and sell
True unless you have a buyer interested in your car with those mods.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Warranty will be an issue with most mods, but depends on your relationship with the stealer service manager. And when you re-sell mods - you are looking at 40-60% recovery. Which is fine I think, cause you used the mods for awhile then recover a good amount.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
True unless you have a buyer interested in your car with those mods.
i think its fair to say most buyers do a 180 when they hear the car has performance mods. putting it back to stock for resale is your best bet imo

Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
i think its fair to say most buyers do a 180 when they hear the car has performance mods. putting it back to stock for resale is your best bet imo
Sometimes that may be true...but I look at it another way!
If someone spends all of his time and money modding his/her car,chances are it is the most well-taken care off car on the road.
And if you are going to mod it anyway,it is a GREAT way to save yourself some money!!!
So because a car has headers and mufflers,does that mean it is beat on...IMO NOT always???

Take a look at the alot of the track cars on the forum...most of their owners SAY the car DOES not need mods and is plenty quick enough as is and they are racing the 'stock' car!!!!!(bless their crazy a$$es),LOL!

I have every mod possible on my car and will NEVER drive the wheels off of it(no matter how hard northvan997c2s tries to get me to go to the track)!

I also agree that mods are probably worth 50% of the price you paid for them once you sell.....??!!!

Again,as I have said before.....buy a car from a person here on the forum who is a BIG poster and check his/her posts,I will guarantee you will find out alot about the person and HOW the car was treated!
You may be surprised!!!!!

Anyway just my $.02....

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-26-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by justatoy
bless their crazy a$$es)
that there is Funny, i dont care who you are

point taken but most buyers dont have owner histories and tendencies to look at to make that judgement. one can certainly look at it the way you put it but i suspect in 95% of cases, the word MODDED sends a negative message.

if you look at the forum classifieds, either here or in other boards, you can see that especially heavily modded cars bring in (at best), stock car prices and are even harder to sell.

we had a guy with about 200k invested in a TT C6Z06 and all that car did was sit in the vette classifieds untill he was asking a mere 75k for it and people were passing on it still.

we had a car that was VERY well known on the forum. no problems with it when the original owner had it but it turned into a nightmare for the second owner.

in those cases, the new owner didnt know enough to "maintain" the car. some people just buy cars to drive them and dont want to tinker with them and some modded cars need tinkering from time to time to keep running.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am sure that most buyers will turn and run on a modded car, but if some one is looking for a 997 with a SC kit and Stacy decides to sell his, then there is likely going to be an easy sale.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I am sure that most buyers will turn and run on a modded car, but if some one is looking for a 997 with a SC kit and Stacy decides to sell his, then there is likely going to be an easy sale.
I agree. Stacy is part of a somewhat unique group that mods cars for fun, not for the ability to drive their car harder or faster. Stacy has one of the nicest looking cabs I've seen, especially with the gorgeous body kit he designed and built. Then on top of that he installed the supercharger, making his beautiful car very fast. And he doesn't even drive his car much, and certainly doesn't track it. He just enjoys improving it. One day, someone will get a fantastic car whenever he decides to sell his cab. I expect there are other modded cars out there owned by similar enthusiasts who truly care for their cars, often more than many owners of "stock" cars do. These modded cars make great buys for people who want the same mods.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Ken, back when I had a G35 coupe that was modded, I sold it easily because it was cleanly modified and owned by an enthusiast (myself) who is known to take care of the vehicle far greater than any normal car owner would. Enthusiasts who own non-track cars are usually known to take care of their cars more than the average owner who keeps their car stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?