997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Modification Regrets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Modification Regrets?

please list mods you regret you have done to your 997. or maybe that you didnt do some soon enough.

was kind of surprised to read that more than a few people say they regret lowering their car (for ex.) when most rave about it here.

my car is virgin so far but would like to hear your stories

Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think the only mod I would reconsider is my exhaust, I find that the power gains are minimal for the investment.

I really like and and would do again, the CO's, LWFW, and LSD.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think the only mod I would reconsider is my exhaust, I find that the power gains are minimal for the investment.

I really like and and would do again, the CO's, LWFW, and LSD.
thanks! keep it coming guys, we newbs can learn a lot from your experiences

Old 03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
This will be an interesting thread. The only mod I have done is the change my yellow side lights to the clear side lights. For such a small change it is amazing the difference. I am curious to here the big time mod guys response to this thread.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't have any regrets but I go have a Tubi exhaust and Techart springs which were changed for the Tubi race version and damptronics . I am glad i had the chance to compare all of these products but trial and error can get pricey.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I have fallen in love with every mod I have done to my car so far.

My exhaust sound is sick!

Damptronics are going on soon, I will let you know....

Jason

Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nucjd
This will be an interesting thread. The only mod I have done is the change my yellow side lights to the clear side lights. For such a small change it is amazing the difference. I am curious to here the big time mod guys response to this thread.
Not sure,but I may a "Big time mod guy"...???

I do not regret any mods yet....however.....to do it again
Here is the list IMO (for a street car...not a track car) in order:

1-lower suspension(springs or coil-overs)
2-wheels and tires
3-bodykit
4-supercharger
5-mufflers
6-headers
7-clear corners
8-any minor trinkets

Hope that helps.....but the list would be a different if IT were a track car!

Stacy

PS I lied....only one regret....my wallet HURTS!!!

Last edited by justatoy; 03-19-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Yes Stacy you, yrralis1, and JELLIS are definitely BIG TIME MOD GUYS. You guys have some sweet and unique rides.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nucjd
Yes Stacy you, yrralis1, and JELLIS are definitely BIG TIME MOD GUYS. You guys have some sweet and unique rides.
Thank you - It took so much work .
remember when it looked like this ?

and this -

To get to this --

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-19-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I regretted the muffler bypass but that's about it. It was way too obnoxious and loud.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
all of them sniff... I should have kept them all stock:P

Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
all of them sniff... I should have kept them all stock:P
LOL, that is funny!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I find that modifying the car gives it such a unique appeal . I have two other cars which are stock and the big difference for me is that i love my Porsche . I don't love my M3 enough to mod it but I don't dislike it enough to sell it . So I am stuck in stock . The Civic Si I really like that car . It's cheap and has character to it . It reminds of Simba in the Lion King roaring when he was a kitten.

I may dabble with these other two cars . I am just not sure and when in doubt .. best to say no .. so time passes .

The problem with modding for me that when I saw the amount of work that went into it I became attached to it and want to pamper it . I want every mile to be cherished and none to be wasted . It makes me very selective about when and where I drive it as well as who gets to ride in it with me .

I have never been so territorial with my vehicle but 8K miles and it's been total bliss.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
Not sure,but I may a "Big time mod guy"...???

I do not regret any mods yet....however.....to do it again
Here is the list IMO (for a street car...not a track car) in order:

1-lower suspension(springs or coil-overs)
2-wheels and tires
3-bodykit
4-supercharger
5-mufflers
6-headers
7-clear corners
8-any minor trinkets

Hope that helps.....but the list would be a different if IT were a track car!

Stacy

PS I lied....only one regret....my wallet HURTS!!!

Well said Stacy

Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
I am very happy with my mods..I was very disappointed in the way the car sounded stock and my setup has the car the way I want it to sound with some hp increase. Maybe not a ton but it is there.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?