997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

cargraphic front spoiler lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
cargraphic front spoiler lip

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these for a 997.2 .
Does it enhance the performance at speed or is it just cosmetic.
Thanks

Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
I will rephrase the question. Does anyone who has a front lip spoiler on a 997 find they make a difference in handling. I was just wondering if it was worth getting one other than for the look.
Any comments would be helpful.
Thanks

Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lockie
I will rephrase the question. Does anyone who has a front lip spoiler on a 997 find they make a difference in handling. I was just wondering if it was worth getting one other than for the look.
Any comments would be helpful.
Thanks
I have a Techart front lip and for the street...speeds are not nearly enough to help the handling!!!
I would imagine that it would take a substantial amount of speed to make any difference....I am guess 140MPH and up.....but I am only guessing.

Are you gonna track your car?

Stacy

Old 03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey lockie, I have to say I doubt anyone has the same level of wind-tunnel testing as Porsche and/or TechArt (they do similar stuff in that sense) and one of the neat things about the TechArt front lip that we've installed is that it also has ducts that feed the brakes for cooling...
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=121

Last edited by sharkster; 03-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
hey lockie, I have to say I doubt anyone has the same level of wind-tunnel testing as Porsche and/or TechArt (they do similar stuff in that sense) and one of the neat things about the TechArt front lip that we've installed is that it also has ducts that feed the brakes for cooling...
Thanks Alex, at what speed do you notice the handling difference. Would you recommend installing one on a regular 997 without a mod wing. I will be tracking the car.... but also using it as a daily driver to some degree weather permiting.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lockie
Thanks Alex, at what speed do you notice the handling difference. Would you recommend installing one on a regular 997 without a mod wing. I will be tracking the car.... but also using it as a daily driver to some degree weather permiting.
hey lockie, honestly the downforce is for higher speeds than legal but the way they test their stuff I wouldn't do something _only_ in the rear if you plan on going in excess of 100mph.. Do something to the rear too...