997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

ECU Flash-Off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
ECU Flash-Off!

Like Cattman, I have been thinking of purchasing the ECU Flash as my next mod. However, I don't believe the HP claims on the various mfg websites.

Hence, I want to know if any of the companies will guarantee their HP claims. Basically, I will purchase the ECU Flash from the company that will guarantee the most HP gains on my 2005 C2. I will dyno before and after on the day the ECU is upgraded (on my nickel).

So, any companies want to take me up on my offer? The only mod I have is the Afterhours pipes.

Nick

Old 04-05-2009, 02:37 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nickinohio
Like Cattman, I have been thinking of purchasing the ECU Flash as my next mod. However, I don't believe the HP claims on the various mfg websites.

Hence, I want to know if any of the companies will guarantee their HP claims. Basically, I will purchase the ECU Flash from the company that will guarantee the most HP gains on my 2005 C2. I will dyno before and after on the day the ECU is upgraded (on my nickel).

So, any companies want to take me up on my offer? The only mod I have is the Afterhours pipes.

Nick
Unfortunately you'll just have to trust the various tuners - how could they possibly "guarantee" a HP gain?? Too many variables to consider. Maybe the guarantee would be that the after dyno would be more than the before dyno. Good luck in your quest.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
EVOMS has a 45 day money back deal- if you're not satisfied, they'll return your money (and your ECU to stock).

Revo has a 5 hour free test drive.
CATTMAN

Old 04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
EVOMS has a 45 day money back deal- if you're not satisfied, they'll return your money (and your ECU to stock).

Revo has a 5 hour free test drive.
CATTMAN
That's great...and probably as good a guarantee anyone will ever get. Much easier to manage than trying to guarantee numbers. HP increases are just too elusive and sometimes illusory.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
That's great...and probably as good a guarantee anyone will ever get. Much easier to manage than trying to guarantee numbers. HP increases are just too elusive and sometimes illusory.
The 10 HP gain is only part of the improved performance. You would have to have a fairly accurate "butt dyno" to feel the 10 HP but it is there. The biggest difference that customers report back with our software upgrade is the increased throttle response and crispness of the power delivery. This is what customers feel because it is very noticeable and this does translate into a quicker car. Unfortunately, improved throttle response and crisp power delivery can not be easily measured and quantified by a dyno and it is very hard to show a customer on paper, thus our 45 day trial. I hope this information helps.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good point indeed most folks say afterwards it's like they've unlocked an addiotional sport mode. Sort of like "sport plus" on the 09s. Even in GT3s you notice such a difference in response.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I did Softronics on my 07. I dod not dyno the car but on the track were I know how the car feels coming out of certain corners the power came on quicker.

I did the flash at home with my computer and couyld flash it back to stock for dealer visits and/or check or re-done the flash after a dealer ECU re-flash if needed.

That is my experience.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Good point indeed most folks say afterwards it's like they've unlocked an addiotional sport mode. Sort of like "sport plus" on the 09s. Even in GT3s you notice such a difference in response.
Alex, does this give you an additional remapped throttle mapping when in sport mode? or does it just take same sport mode throttle mapping as the OEM sport program have and provide it in both settings?

Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
I was at the track over the weekend for a PCA HPDC and was driving for a bit right behind a 997 C4S with fabspeed exhaust + intake + ECU. I had a bone stock 997 C4S.

He started out in front of me and stayed there. I couldn't catch him in the straights, but he wasn't pulling away from me either. It was as if I was racing my own car. Around the track, he wasn't any faster.

If nothing else, for $7k, his exhaust sounded great. So I would think of the ECU upgrade as a way of having more fun with the car as it will give you a snappier throttle response, but don't necessarily expect to be appreciably faster.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Alex, does this give you an additional remapped throttle mapping when in sport mode? or does it just take same sport mode throttle mapping as the OEM sport program have and provide it in both settings?
Hi NorthVan997C2S, you are correct. You can get your sport chrono setting (or similar) in normal mode and an even more aggressive map in the "sport"

Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
The above message isn't congruent with many of the marketing claims at the various websites, so I appreciate the clarification. Some of the websites are clearly communicating HP gains and dyno charts. 30+ HP for $1,000. If it sounds too good to be true...

Nick

Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi NorthVan997C2S, you are correct. You can get your sport chrono setting (or similar) in normal mode and an even more aggressive map in the "sport"
Alex, too bad you are so far away, I would come down and check it out. I guess I will have to live with my car being so slow

Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
nickinohio... I agree 30hp from software on an NA 997 is a stretch but as EVO stated we can certainly get you 10hp with the EVOMSit

See here for reference:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-software.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sh-debate.html