997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Will a turbo rear bumper fit......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure about Puerto Rico but in North America there's no widebody models for 997 in year 2005.
So I guess it fit with little mods I guess

Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by madporsche85
Will WB bumper really fit to NB?
I also want to ask IF all the bumper bolts have been used and NONE are missing.
I would HATE for the the bottom part of the bumper behind the wheel arches to be flapping in the wind.

I am thinking THAT the supports behind the bumper(that the bumper bolts too) are different.....BUT I could be wrong!
Looks great IMO!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-22-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM
ENRIQUE6849 is infamous around these parts
Bumper fit

You have to make a spacer for the support behind the wheel.
I did it with 3 nuts.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:51 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
no...at least don't think so...

I don't think so, how could it? Maybe someone correct me please..... 997TT rear bumper will not fit a narrow car etc..on a wide body c4s... But I could be wrong... please advise? If this is possible I smell a winter mod coming....

Originally Posted by madporsche85
Will WB bumper really fit to NB?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
This is perplexing to alot of us...We know the 997 TT rear fenders and are wider than a regular C2/C2s. From the look of the rear rocker panel area it sure seems like Enrique's car is a normal narrow body 887 as opposed to a wide body C4s. Although the photos are not big or close up so we can examine the joints between the new rear TT bumper and the metal body panels of the C2, it appears to be a good fit. How is this possible? Enrique, did you have to pull the TT bumper into the wheel well/fender area somehow? Didn't the bumper stick out farther than the body of the car when it was initally installed?

Old 02-27-2010, 05:15 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
we need answers.....

anyone???????? Just don't see how a wide mody read end could fot a narrow car? Unless its all hip and far end returns to narrow?

This maybe my next mod if this is possible....

Old 02-27-2010, 06:45 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Does seem really wierd to me as well. Another foreign member posted pics of a turbo rear bumper on the back of a 4S. Pretty incredible that it would bolt up to either one.
Also, the front bumper may fit, but there is no accommodation for the DRLs, so that is no 15 minute job. Wiring needs to be all custom. I like the turbo front bumper though; it really looks more subtle than the aero kit or GT3. I haven't seen this offered from anyone for the 997S.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Bump

for more answers!... anyone?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
for more answers!... anyone?
You do not need answers,aren't you the fellow that made that rear wing work......
If anyone can make this work,you can.....

Stacy

PS make two and send me one,LOL!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I am tempted

I will admit tempted to just go for it.... but also hoping to pick up a GT3 RS sooner then later and pouring any more $ into my 05 will be a loss... then again thats not why we mod! Mulling it over....
Originally Posted by justatoy
You do not need answers,aren't you the fellow that made that rear wing work......
If anyone can make this work,you can.....

Stacy

PS make two and send me one,LOL!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
I will admit tempted to just go for it.... but also hoping to pick up a GT3 RS sooner then later and pouring any more $ into my 05 will be a loss... then again thats not why we mod! Mulling it over....
LOL...that-a-boy.....mull it over
"Hook is set"!

You my friend are worse than me for mods!
You are a MOD-junkie,LOL

Keep us posted when you get this done and I will be expecting you will be done in 3 weeks...

Stacy

P.S....For those following,mickfluff made a factory turbo wing work on his car with PERFECT results...so this minor bumper thing would be a "cake-walk" for him!

Last edited by justatoy; 03-01-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 AM
fgaston is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ENRIQUE6849
I did the rear 997tt to 997 2005 in my car by myself.it fits with very little mods to the base around the tailight.(only the screw holes have to move a little). The muffler mod is a mayor
pain because you have to remove the bumper so many times to
correct the alignment of the tips. The hole job took like 3 days . If also did the front bumper but this one takes 15 minutes. Good luck
Enrique:
I am in the middle of putting a 997TT bumper on my C4S, and have some questions (by the way the car you modified looks very nice).
1. Assume you had to remove the molded bumper mounting bracket from your car, as they intrude into the intercooler slots? Or did you cut them back?
2. How did you attach the bottom of the turbo bumper to your car? Did you fabricate brackets?
3. Is that a non OEM wing?
Thanks, Fred

Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
dansaenz is infamous around these parts
Wow. That rear turbo bumper looks incredible! My C2 is getting the front done as we speak, but I'm probably gonna do the rear after seeing this! The body shop has a rear lying around, so I might have them give it a shot. Where can I get some more information on what needs to be done to make it work? This thread has been silent!

Help us Enrique!!!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 AM
fgaston is infamous around these parts
dansaenz: I found a guy in CT to help me take on the turbo bumper mount to my C4S. Note I think it will only fit the C4S, as it's the same width as the turbo. This guy just fabricated the 2 brackets to hold the bumper in place. It's all about finding an autobody guy that does restorations and is comfortable with fabrication; most autobody guys can't think outside the box. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 PM
dansaenz is infamous around these parts
Fgaston,

Can these black pieces on the sides be removed or do I need to buy Turbo heat shields? In addition , What do you attach the back part of the bumper too bc it doesn't appear to have anything to mount to? I haven't started the project yet but I'm basing it off of these pictures. I'm probably going to give it a shot on Monday, so trying to get as much help as I can....

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will a turbo rear bumper fit......