997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Will a turbo rear bumper fit......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Will a turbo rear bumper fit......

I was wondering if a 997 turbo bumper would fit a 997 C4/S without modification. I would imagine that the holes where the exhaust tips exit would not line up, but maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone done this, and if so have any pics?

Thanks!

Matt

Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry I can't help with the answer...but I do have the SAME question.
I would love to know the answer to that.
D

Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I't would probably fit everything but the tips, but i'm just guessing

Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
I't would probably fit everything but the tips, but i'm just guessing
The bumper will fit without issues, however you'll need to do a little massaging on the tips to get them to line up properly. They may be a hair off, but some minor adjustments to the exhaust should make everything work out.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 AM
redhotmurc333 is infamous around these parts
AWESOME! If someone does this please post pics and also tell us about the installation procedures~

Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 AM
ak996TT is infamous around these parts
Hey guys,

I had experience converting the 997S rear bumper in to a 997 GT3 Rear bumper. You will need to buy a mounting bracket for the left and right panel in order to fit your bunmper properly. The Turbo bumper has air duct/vent on each side (left and right). This duct are part of the mounting bracket. They aren't cheap.($300 a piece from the dealer -OEM though).

I got my GT3 rear bumper mounting bracket (Left and Right) in order to fit my 997 GT3 (Narrow body) rear bumper.

Its expensive, but the right way to do it...the OEM way..

Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
i found used turbo bumper for less than $300 on ebay.

def. needs repaint tho.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I was actually thinking having a 997 turbo bumper cut to fit my 997S (narrow), but I am not sure if it would look that good against my aerokit. I also saw a couple of turbo bumpers on eBay listed for around $300.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
ak996tt, any pics of your 997s with the gt3 rear bumper? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by ak996TT
Hey guys,

I had experience converting the 997S rear bumper in to a 997 GT3 Rear bumper. You will need to buy a mounting bracket for the left and right panel in order to fit your bunmper properly. The Turbo bumper has air duct/vent on each side (left and right). This duct are part of the mounting bracket. They aren't cheap.($300 a piece from the dealer -OEM though).

I got my GT3 rear bumper mounting bracket (Left and Right) in order to fit my 997 GT3 (Narrow body) rear bumper.

Its expensive, but the right way to do it...the OEM way..
Hey ak996TT, where did you get the mounting brackets for the GT3 bumper? Do you happen to have the part numbers?

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Check this out.
997 4S with 997 rear bumper

Old 02-20-2010, 12:56 PM
ENRIQUE6849 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I did the rear 997tt to 997 2005 in my car by myself.it fits with very little mods to the base around the tailight.(only the screw holes have to move a little). The muffler mod is a mayor
pain because you have to remove the bumper so many times to
correct the alignment of the tips. The hole job took like 3 days . If also did the front bumper but this one takes 15 minutes. Good luck

Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 AM
ENRIQUE6849 is infamous around these parts
Photos

Here are some photos of the car.

Attached Images   
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
wow, I didn't know widebody bumper will fit NB. Great job

Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
madporsche85 is infamous around these parts
Will WB bumper really fit to NB?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will a turbo rear bumper fit......