997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Seats -Good or Bad ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Sport Seats -Good or Bad ??

I would appreciate some input on the Sport Seats that Porsche offers as an option......for those of you who have tried them do you think they are comfortable or uncomfortable for an average sized in shape 6 footer.
There is a C2S I am interested in that has them (not on premises to try)and not sure about it.

Thanks for your opinion

Last edited by bosco42; 04-06-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bosco42
I would appreciate some input on the Sport Seats that Porsche offers as an option......for those of you who have tried them do you think they are comfortable or uncomfortable for an average sized in shape 6 footer.
There is a C2S I am interested in that has them (not on premises to try)and not sure about it.

Thanks for your opinion

I prefer sports adaptive .

Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I prefer sports adaptive .
I dont have a choice with this particular car....it has the manual sport seats.

I was wondering if they are more or less comfortable than the regular seats with power adjustments that are on the other cars that I am choosing from.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I dont have a choice with this particular car....it has the manual sport seats.

I was wondering if they are more or less comfortable than the regular seats with power adjustments that are on the other cars that I am choosing from.
If the interior is black you have a choice . I almost replaced my sports adaptive with the sports bucket seats (unless order on the car they only come in black) .

The sports seats never appealed to me mostly because they are not as aggressive as the gt2 seats nor as comfortable as sports adaptive . In short .. they are somewhere in between but the price is right and there are those who absolutely love them .

Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
If the interior is black you have a choice . I almost replaced my sports adaptive with the sports bucket seats (unless order on the car they only come in black) .

The sports seats never appealed to me mostly because they are not as aggressive as the gt2 seats nor as comfortable as sports adaptive . In short .. they are somewhere in between but the price is right and there are those who absolutely love them .
The 997TT we have has adaptive sport seat and my 997S is not and I really can't feel the difference. I also like my 997S seats more, I think they got the shape of my body

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
The 997TT we have has adaptive sport seat and my 997S is not and I really can't feel the difference. I also like my 997S seats more, I think they got the shape of my body
I agree that everyones fit is different . It's part of why i hold back on the sport bucket. I fit and so does my gf but I have friends who may not feel comfortable sitting in them.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
P77 Regular sport seats are great and only $800.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
All depends on your body shape. For me, the normal seats don't provide sufficient bolster support, while the manual sport seats fit me like a glove. On the other hand, the stock seats fit my wife better - thus she has them in her Boxster S and I have Sport Seats. Haven't liked either the adaptive sports (complex and heavy and don't fit me any better than the manuals) or the GT2 shells (no adjustment possible). It's all about what fits you best.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Anybody unhappy with them because they are manual rather than power or doesnt that matter because you can still find the position you like ?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
ryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of light
Anybody unhappy with them because they are manual rather than power or doesnt that matter because you can still find the position you like ?
Manual seats are always less weight then automatic. We have the manual sport seats and they are great. For the money I would definitely get them.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
I am not tracking the car so the weight doesnt really matter...I am more concerned with comfort and flexiblity in being able to find the "right comfortable position". Seems like they would have less positional choices. Haven't had manual seats in any of my cars in many years.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
ryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of lightryans4 is a glorious beacon of light
I prefer manual seats, and less weight is good for any time you drive your car, not just track. The sport seats are a little more supportive then the normal. They have a manual rail adjuster for fore/aft which will give you enough options to get the position right. The recline is a switch, and the height is a manual bar as well.

You'll be fine finding the right spot. Manual seats can only be a hassle when you have more then one driver and are constantly swapping cars, that's when auto seats with memory presets make it quick. But either way, not worth the weight IMO.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
I have the 2009 C4S with the sport seats. IMO they are SUPERB!
Now I will tell you the + and -.

Positive:
Hold you in the seat like nothing else.
Really feel at one with the car, especially driving hard.
Super comfortable.

Negative:
Access in and out of the car a bit more difficult.
No Power, or heat/cooling.

My wife complains about no seat heaters, but other than that they are great! Height is not an issue. If you are in shape they fit great.

Any other questions ...please ask.
D

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
I am not tracking the car so the weight doesnt really matter...I am more concerned with comfort and flexiblity in being able to find the "right comfortable position". Seems like they would have less positional choices. Haven't had manual seats in any of my cars in many years.
Go for standard seats if not tracking the car. I find Sport Seats terribly uncomfortable. They tend to push my shoulders forward just a tad and I feel hunched over. I'm 5'10 with medium build BTW.

Go to a dealership on a comfortable day and test the sport seat for 1/2 and hour or so. That should help you decide.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
I have the manual sport seats and I love them...type 997 kind of nails it though. They do push your shoulders a tad forward and they keep you in place as if you were glued into the seat with velcro. You really have to try them out...one thing though. When new the padding is pretty stiff but after awhile they break in a bit and become more comfortable. I am also around 5'10" and I weight it at 180lbs with a 44 chest. If you are bigger than this then you really should see if they are for you.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Seats -Good or Bad ??