997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

warranty?? what is cpo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
warranty?? what is cpo?

if im am going going to purchase an 07 997s...has 100k cpo...what is that? and if its 07 has 2yrs left on regular warranty??

Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
RED05CS is infamous around these parts
CPO, is an extension of your current remaining warranty plus an additional 2 years. You are certified up to that time frame or 100,000. Definitely worth the money.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
CPO is much more than just 2 years and 50k miles. They go over the car top to bottom and replace everything that isn't perfect. They also fully service the car making sure things like brake fluid, pollen filters, etc. are all conforming with the maintenance schedule (wouldn't believe how many people don't do what's required, especially if it's a lease turn-in).

Go to the Porsche USA site and read all about what CPO is.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Get a CPO P-car. Well worth it, especially with the change last August.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Here's a link to some information on the Porsche CPO program. Whenever possible, buying CPO is always a smart move.

http://http://www.porsche.com/usa/pr...cles/approved/

Old 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
What do most here feel is the "price" of the CPO? In other words, everything else being equal, if I was looking at a low mile 2006 car, what should the price difference be between the exact same car but one with CPO and one without. I've seen people say it's cost is anything from $2,000 to $4,000.

Also, if I've found a car that I really like but is not a CPO car, how confident should I be buying it if I get a PPI done (including DME check and paint check) and everything checks out. Anything else I should get done?

Finally, would I be stupid to have the Porsche dealer I'm looking at buying a car from do the PPI versus an independent shop or another Porsche dealer?

Thanks again everybody.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Be warned...if you are purchasing a car from a non authorized dealership, the car's CPO status is nullified. It can only be transferred by private parties, and only issued by Porsche dealerships. Once a non authorized dealership gets the title, the vehicle's CPO status is in jeopardy.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Be warned...if you are purchasing a car from a non authorized dealership, the car's CPO status is nullified. It can only be transferred by private parties, and only issued by Porsche dealerships. Once a non authorized dealership gets the title, the vehicle's CPO status is in jeopardy.

Getting mixed messages on this. I just called the Porsche dealership in Newport Beach and spoke with the service manager there (Dennis). He said the CPO is transferable on a car that is being sold by a non Porsche dealer. Huh?

Here's what brought this about. I'm looking at a car being sold by a non-Porsche dealer. Car is a CPO car. Webpage shows the CPO paperwork. I ask the salesman and say exactly what you stated above. "If the car is being sold private party to private party, CPO is good. If the car goes private party to non-Porsche dealer to private party, CPO is void." He says NO. He says CPO is attached to the car. He says go ahead and call the nearby Porsche dealership and ask them and he goes and gives me the name of Dennis. I make the call and Dennis says the CPO is good/valid even though the CPO car has been transferred through a dealer.

Somebody got an explanation here. Sorry if I've made this more cofusing.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
rickmdz is infamous around these parts
from Porsche website, CPO terms and conditions:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned...ed/conditions/

"Once the covered vehicle is traded or sold to any non-authorized dealer or commercial broker, this warranty is void."

Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rickmdz
from Porsche website, CPO terms and conditions:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned...ed/conditions/

"Once the covered vehicle is traded or sold to any non-authorized dealer or commercial broker, this warranty is void."
Exactly. Most dealerships don't even read this fine print. When it comes to warranty service coverage, PCNA will get involved. When I called PCNA, they quoted the statement above.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
rickmdz,

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking. Shocked that the Service Manager of one of the largest Porsche dealers in North America didn't know this.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JoeShark
rickmdz,

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking. Shocked that the Service Manager of one of the largest Porsche dealers in North America didn't know this.
"Shocked"? I'm not. After 20+ years I'm amazed at how Really good some of these guys are and dismayed how Really Poor some are; I had a 13 years of experience (according to him) manager tell me to "ask 'Joe', he knows more about it than I do" about a shifter issue. Joe was one of their saleman (with a 25 year wholesale food background) who drove an older Audi. Good news was that Joe said it was a warranty item; sad news was that the SM then went to a tech to tell him what parts to order.