997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

still shoe shopping ...Rinspeed C5/1 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
still shoe shopping ...Rinspeed C5/1 ?

ok, I was/am driving hard down the HRE Monoblok road but exits for the Rinspeed C5/1's are consistently appearing ...as they are only available in 20" that kinda presents a road block for me ...I am not tracking right now, but she is a daily driver and do plan an install of Bilstein Damptronics at the same time ...so, guess my question is, lowered, with 20" ..what to expect?? I am ok with a loss of ride quality, but I know 20" have a % of loss, and the Damptronics will have an additional % of loss (made up for in compliance) ...cummulative effect of both??? feedback appreciated!!

thanks

Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 AM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by leneuromancer
ok, I was/am driving hard down the HRE Monoblok road but exits for the Rinspeed C5/1's are consistently appearing ...as they are only available in 20" that kinda presents a road block for me ...I am not tracking right now, but she is a daily driver and do plan an install of Bilstein Damptronics at the same time ...so, guess my question is, lowered, with 20" ..what to expect?? I am ok with a loss of ride quality, but I know 20" have a % of loss, and the Damptronics will have an additional % of loss (made up for in compliance) ...cummulative effect of both??? feedback appreciated!!

thanks
I'm riding on H&R springs lowered on my Rinspeeds and the ride quality is not harsh but definitely gets more feedback off any inconsistency on the road. There is quite a bit more vibration on the steering wheel as you slow to a halt but I've noticed that you adjust to that as the norm the more you drive the car and the less you think about it. In sport mode it does become more harsh but it doesn't bother me. I didn't purchase a Lexus and expect a stiff ride on my car. The look is positively amazing and I wouldn't hesitate with the same setup again. The Damptronics allow for more of an adjustment compared to my H&R springs so you should be good to go. I saw a thread somewhere about shocks wearing out much sooner with this setup but I'm not so sure of its validity.

Attached Images   

Last edited by stardoc; 04-11-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 AM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by leneuromancer

thanks
P.S.
Not sure of the weight difference between the two. I know the Monoblocks are supposed to be lighter than the standard HRE's. The Rinspeeds are difinitely lighter than the stock 19's despite being much bigger tires. I ride on 20x11x325 on the rears and they still come up lighter than stock.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stardoc
P.S.
Not sure of the weight difference between the two. I know the Monoblocks are supposed to be lighter than the standard HRE's. The Rinspeeds are difinitely lighter than the stock 19's despite being much bigger tires. I ride on 20x11x325 on the rears and they still come up lighter than stock.
I have them on my car

for look: way way better than stock
ride quality : fair enough for daily use
weight : much heavier than stock 19's and the steering wheel feels heavier too.

when I put my factory 19's i can tell big difference in the handling of the car but since I don't track my car I like the rinspeed all the time

Old 04-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stardoc
P.S.

Rinspeed's lighter than stock?? Are you sure? I thin they are quite a bit heavier than the OEM lobsters.

Dave

Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

thanks guys ...great feedback !! (and some great looking wheels on some great looking cars)

now thrown in some Techart Formula's into the equation as I can do these in 19" and the look is somewhat similar (and surprisingly affordable)

think I am going to go insane trying to pick something - good thing is all are amazing wheels so I am sure I wont be disappointed