997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed PSE but now I have a rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
lol - they're just messing wit ya!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Dally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to behold
I have to say that considering my valves are not always open but it does make the rattle, that I am in the same boat as the rattle crowd, regardless if its open all the time or not.

I've noticed its gotten 'worse' over time. If it is a fluid related 'crime' or a bearing, I'd love to have the thing topped up or the bearing replaced cause its one thing that plagues my daily driving pleasure on the reg.

Upon further inspection, I noticed two small dents on the muffler tip on the side that it appears to be coming from. I'm talking like 2 to 3 mm wide and a mm deep. Its almost as if the previous owner tapped a curb or something. I called Porsche and spoke to a service dude there and he said that exhausts are one of the last things to 'go' but he'll check it out this coming monday.

by the way, mine doesnt go away after shes warmed up or a within a certain time period of driving. I wonder if my fluid is fully gone...emtpy or the bearing is just ground to a bloody pebble...

that is...if there actually is fluid or some sort of bearing ...hahaha

ugh fek.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Dally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by summoboy
lol - they're just messing wit ya!
lol

you know...its really hard to tell sometimes.

Petition to ban certain members is currently being worked on.

fek still...

Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
"Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
CATTMAN

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dally

you know...its really hard to tell sometimes.

Petition to ban certain members is currently being worked on.
Too funny. I didn't think my comment would get any traction! To be certain, this is not a fluid deprivation issue!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Nickinohio
Too funny. I didn't think my comment would get any traction! To be certain, this is not a fluid deprivation issue!
LOL! I have a good sense of humor about it... but you guys are still a bunch of _______ers!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I am sorry, I though you had already caught on.
I had an employee calling every John Deer number he could get his hands on search for muffler bearings. I let him of the hook the next day. He did not have such a good sense of humor about it. It was the first big mower he had sold and it took a little of the pride away I guess. The sad thing was no one. I mean no one at John Deer said there was no such thing. He just kept getting the run around or let me look into it and I will call you back.
Hope you get your problem fixed.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lakerholic
LOL! I have a good sense of humor about it... but you guys are still a bunch of _______ers!!!!

Eddie...It's actually the air. The high levels of smog in Yorba Linda cause the rattling noise. If you move, it should solve the problem. If you though your wife was mad about the Fabspeeds, wait 'till you tell you have to move to solve the rattling problem.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Eddie...It's actually the air. The high levels of smog in Yorba Linda cause the rattling noise. If you move, it should solve the problem. If you though your wife was mad about the Fabspeeds, wait 'till you tell you have to move to solve the rattling problem.
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

Old 04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Just to circle back here...I just had my car in at the dealer today to look at the rattling sound from the PSE. Indeed! They found a rusted off clip and "replaced clip for sport exhaust vacuum line hose."

After the fix, the exhaust sounds completely different! It's definitely not as loud and raspy. But it doesn't rattle anymore.

Given that the fix was a vacuum line hose and that the sound is very different now, it doesn't seem that this was a mechanical rattle from a piece of metal.

Last edited by CMOS; 04-17-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear you found the problem.

Last edited by Dadio; 04-18-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:46 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Cattman...nice Chevy Chase, Fletch, quote...one of my favs.!

J

Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I went in this am and saw the service fella who told me that he hears the rattle...but will have to take off the bumper to look at the heat shield. I'm scheduled to go back in May 11th. I'll update the thread after the findings have been revealed.

Glad you got your rattle fixed up there CMOS.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:53 AM
sukhjeevan is infamous around these parts
Hi,

I have just fitted a PSE and have experienced the same rattle at about 3000 rpm. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Dally, if you installed the PSE yourself(?) why don't you remove it to see if the rattle goes away? Standard trouble shooting says that if you had no rattle prior to the PSE, then had a rattle after the PSE, there is no point in removing the bumper...start at the apparent cause. Just a thought. Besides, you have time until the 11th to investigate yourself.

J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed PSE but now I have a rattle