997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed PSE but now I have a rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Dally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
Dally, if you installed the PSE yourself(?) why don't you remove it to see if the rattle goes away? Standard trouble shooting says that if you had no rattle prior to the PSE, then had a rattle after the PSE, there is no point in removing the bumper...start at the apparent cause. Just a thought. Besides, you have time until the 11th to investigate yourself.

J
Yeah...I hear ya. I didnt install it myself though brother. It was factory installed. I'm gonna have a look under it myself and get my buddy to rev it up and what not and see what gives. Hopefully not the e'brake

Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
By the looks of things, apparently some PSE's are notorious for having their internal welds come apart. That's what has happened to mine.

Took it to the dealer on Sat and they confirmed it. They are trying to do a warranty replacement for me, but I might be SOL since it wasn't dealer installed. If the dealer can't do a warranty replacement for me, Abdullah is going to make it right.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lakerholic
By the looks of things, apparently some PSE's are notorious for having their internal welds come apart. That's what has happened to mine.

Took it to the dealer on Sat and they confirmed it. They are trying to do a warranty replacement for me, but I might be SOL since it wasn't dealer installed. If the dealer can't do a warranty replacement for me, Abdullah is going to make it right.
bro, I got you email, I will do the refund soon I just need to figure out how, and to make it right for you I can send you my bypass pipes

Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
bro, I got you email, I will do the refund soon I just need to figure out how, and to make it right for you I can send you my bypass pipes
No sweat. It'll all be fine. I'm afraid the bypass pipes would deafen me!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Dally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
your C2S is one of the nicest on this board...along with Spyder 997s's ride thats for sale.

just wanted to let ya know mang.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Update:

If you have a rattle and still have the factory warranty - bring the car in for repair. The rattle was getting worse and the dealer informs me that a: it's a $2100 muffler replacement b. it's not covered by the CPO

Not happy about that at all...

Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I went in there and there is a flange that was apparently snapped...as if the owner before me hit a curb...snapped the muffler flange and but a scuff on the muffler tip.

They replaced it under warranty for me...

YESSS

bad news

seemingly someone fawkin nailed the rear end which threw my taillights outta alignment...and theres a small crack under the tailight on the bumper skin where it bolts in I beleive...WTF!

ugh...and its been weeks since i've noticed...its almost TOO late to take it back and whine now...

DAMMIT!

can't really see it all but, its just knowing that busts my *****...

ah well...the exhaust is nothing less than intoxicating now.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by lig
Update:

If you have a rattle and still have the factory warranty - bring the car in for repair. The rattle was getting worse and the dealer informs me that a: it's a $2100 muffler replacement b. it's not covered by the CPO

Not happy about that at all...
Get the Cargraphic "Medium Sound" Exhaust. Sounds like the PSE but a little louder (in a good way).

Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip. I sure as hell am not going to replace my blown out PSE with a new set that will blow out in 35K miles.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lig
My PSE rattles like a freakin' popcorn maker when it is cold. After it's warmed up - no problema.
My PSE (factory installed) also rattles real bad during start up especially on cold days. But goes away after warmed up as well.

On my previous 05, I had the PSE installed by an independent place. When I took the car to inspect a rattle. They charge me $350 for the inspection and said they need to charge me 10 hours of labor to fix the rattle since the dealer did not do the install.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by colonel
My PSE (factory installed) also rattles real bad during start up especially on cold days. But goes away after warmed up as well.

On my previous 05, I had the PSE installed by an independent place. When I took the car to inspect a rattle. They charge me $350 for the inspection and said they need to charge me 10 hours of labor to fix the rattle since the dealer did not do the install.

translation...

HI....I'D LIKE TO RIP YOU OFF!

will you let me?

oh my god...tire iron that guy for me will ya?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
After painstakingly reading every post, I'm certainly not going with a used PSE on my car. Sounds like a set of Fabspeed or Cargraphic mufflers are not only cheaper, but will probably last a lot longer!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 AM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Check out Fister Motorsports.....I have a PSE "Chirping sound" that's driving me nuts.....several of my friends have used Fister and they are very inexpensive and sound similiar to PSE.

Originally Posted by ryem3
After painstakingly reading every post, I'm certainly not going with a used PSE on my car. Sounds like a set of Fabspeed or Cargraphic mufflers are not only cheaper, but will probably last a lot longer!