997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Member + A Question or Two

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I leased mine and plan on paying/financing the residual at the end of the 3rd year. If you add up everything I will spend on the car it was the cheapest way to "finance". The only other way I would have come out ahead is if I were to pay cash for the car...but even this doesn't take into account the "opportunity cost" of giving all of your money away in one day. Leasing, then buying the resdual, on my C2S will be the second car I've bought this way. If you add it up, it's the cheapest way to finance usually.

J

Old 04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
I plan on driving it for 2 1/2 years and getting a TT

Here she is by the way, not mine yet, pending a good deal, but this is the exact car I'm looking at and drove two weeks ago.

What do you think

Isn't she sexy...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You make me laugh . You knew I would argue the TT . Why not just get it now ? BTW the meteor looks amazing . All it needs are the clear side markers . Make sure you have then throw it in when you take delivery.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Banned
Ha. The TT would probably be over $2000 / month and I honestly don't want my first Porsche to be a TT. I want to work my way up to that level of performance!

I drove a 996 TT for a few weeks a couple years ago and that car was out of control.

The new 997 C2S with the Chrono + PDK just feels so solid, fast, responsive and etc. I thought the E60 was a beast but this 997 will probably work it in every which way, not to mention the 0-60 of 4.1 with Chrono on.

I will certainly tell them about the side markers! Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:41 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daKrisht
Ha. The TT would probably be over $2000 / month and I honestly don't want my first Porsche to be a TT. I want to work my way up to that level of performance!

I drove a 996 TT for a few weeks a couple years ago and that car was out of control.

The new 997 C2S with the Chrono + PDK just feels so solid, fast, responsive and etc. I thought the E60 was a beast but this 997 will probably work it in every which way, not to mention the 0-60 of 4.1 with Chrono on.

I will certainly tell them about the side markers! Thanks for the tip!
It's a nice seamless run with the normally aspirated car and I agree with you that this is a great first Porsche. The color is stunning . The car is nicely optioned . So why don't you get it today and post up some pics ?

So lets see as of now -- You are 300 a month away from a deal. That;s almost 11 grand . How do you plan to negotiate that spread?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Banned
I'll talk to my dealer tomorrow and see what we can do. I love everything about the car and the Carrera Classic wheels look awesome.

The only thing that I would have wanted is the multi-function steering wheel to control the radio, bluetooth, etc. I don't remember having a car without it... Now that I think about it, I don't even know how you control the dashboard display for car data (perhaps through the touchscreen display)?

I received a few PM's of owners here that picked up new '09 997s and they were kind enough to share their numbers as well. I believe one member picked up an '09 997 C2S, MSRP $108k, $1943 drive off, contract at $89k, monthly payments at $1199.

I'll mention these deals to him, in addition to the Porsche lease certificates and the fact that he himself mentioned that they're trying to "aggressively" sell these cars given the state of the economy. I've known him for over 10 years, he used to work at BH Benz - of course, business is business but maybe because I've bought so many cars from him in the past he'll work a little harder!

If you have some tips, that would be great too!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 AM
I am all the way in Florida . California can be a a very competitive region . It's a nicely optioned car .. it will get sold . My guess is that they know this . My experience with Porsches is to buy them and no matter how much one hunts for a deal on a new 997S a "good deal" vs a "bad deal" might be 5 grand or so.

On a lease which changes with time and region the price dynamics increase exponentially . A dealership sits down with lease numbers and presents a mathematical manipulation designed by THEM to sound plausible to you aimed at putting money in their pocket . It's like a magician bringing his own deck of cards .

The final word goes to you though if you walk out or decide to pay . But they know exactly what you want , have experience with others like you, and are great at targeting yoir emotional reasoning to make that sale .

You may as well just give up or look elsewhere because they may back off another 100 a month but 300 seems too far out .

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 AM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
Post deleted
sorry same color and dealership, different car
Originally Posted by daKrisht
I plan on driving it for 2 1/2 years and getting a TT

Here she is by the way, not mine yet, pending a good deal, but this is the exact car I'm looking at and drove two weeks ago.

What do you think

Isn't she sexy...

Last edited by dk10438; 04-19-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
The total cost of that car would be MSRP + 10% for tax/title...with no discount. If they give you 10%, that's like them paying for tax/title and you're left with the MSRP. Most leases have a residual of around 40%...in this case $41,260. If you take that from the MSRP and devide by 36mo. you end up with $1719.00 per month. I know the actual lease formula is a bit different, but these numbers are pretty close...I've seen enough of them. If you take off the 5k signing from 60% of the MSRP and figure 35 payments, as most leases do, you arrive at $1625/mo which is pretty much what they are offering...so this formula is pretty close.

I think the only way you'll get the payments down is to have them take another 10% off the car...for a total of 20%. This 20% will effectively pay the 10% tax/title, and give you another 10% off the MSRP itself. Here's some numbers:
MSRP: $103150
Tax/title: $10315
Total: $113465
20%: $22693
New Total: $90772
60% for lease: $54463
Signing and first payment: $5000
Difference to be paid over 35mo.: $49463
PerMo.: $1413
40% residual: $36309

I bet this is as low of a monthly payment you will find on an '09 with an MSRP of $103150, for a 36mo lease.

J

Last edited by xXxGhotimanxXx; 04-19-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
You can do better...also, make sure Rusnak isn't marking up the rate...last year, I was looking for a Cayenne GTS (loaded $93k vehicle) for my wife, and I had 3 dealerships pricing out the car...well, long story short, Rusnak had the car, and the other 2 dealerships were also quoting the price on the same VIN car! None of them knew that, but since the options I wanted were relatively rare in our region at the time, it ended up that way...well...one dealer was $100 a month more than Rusnak per month (36 months, no cap reduction, 12k miles per year) and another dealer was $85/month cheaper than Rusnak!!! This was all including tax, out the door, same terms. What I am saying is that make sure they are not marking up the rate and that they are giving you the best deal. You should be able to get that car for around $1,300 a month, no cap reduction, minimal drive-offs with about a 10% discount using the certificate of the current promotion and lease rate...if not, go to Auto Gallery...they will beat them, and that is why they have continuously earned my business...in this economy, make the deal that makes sense...there is nothing worse when leasing than writing a check every month for an amount you could have done better on...that being said, the car you are looking for is beautiful, and nicely equipped. Let us know what happens!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Banned
Thanks guys.

JCBH, I agree with you that writing a check every month for an amount that could have been better is not a good feeling!

I'll do what I can guys and I'll look into Auto Gallery if Rusnak falls through!

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited by daKrisht; 04-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
If you end up going to Auto Gallery, ask for Eric Schwartz and tell him that Jeff C. sent you...he will take care of you...FYI, he used to work at Rusnak!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned
Thanks, Jeff.

I don't know why this is bugging me, I'll get it over it probably, and tell me if this is stupid: No Multifunction Steering wheel!

I know, I know, but it's so nice to be able to control certain features from the wheel but maybe it's time to concentrate on driving instead of playing with functions.

I wonder if they could replace it for me... Hmmm...

Old 04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Mine doesn't have the multifunction steering wheel, either...I thought I would miss it, but with the new touchscreen and other controls so close, it makes no difference to me...don't miss it all...my last 7 cars have had this...but I don't care...just my 2 cents

Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned
Thanks for that. You're right, it probably doesn't matter and I wont miss it.

You should be out enjoying this lovely 88 degree day with the top down - after the Laker game, of course!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member + A Question or Two