997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Member + A Question or Two

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
We just went for a long drive...but too hot at the moment...my car's temp said 91 degrees!!! Felt like 100! Need some shade for a bit...

Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by daKrisht
Thanks, Jeff.

I don't know why this is bugging me, I'll get it over it probably, and tell me if this is stupid: No Multifunction Steering wheel!

I know, I know, but it's so nice to be able to control certain features from the wheel but maybe it's time to concentrate on driving instead of playing with functions.

I wonder if they could replace it for me... Hmmm...
I was like you worry about the MF wheel because all my other cars have them, and the car I purchased doesn't. When I picked up my car this week I was able to try the MF wheel on one of the car on the lot, and it wasn't as the same as my cars, Mercedes. For Mercedes the steering wheel buttons can change menu in the dash cluster but Porche only change the PCM display. To change the dash display you will need to manipulate the lower left stalk, and you can make calls and change stations with the stalk alone without the MF steering wheel buttons. The Porsche steering wheel buttons does allow to pick up phone call and adjust volume at ease. To compensate the phone call pick up, all I did is set my LG Dare in auto answer and that takes care of the phone call. The biggest advantage of the Porsche is the touchscreen PCM as other stated. It works wonder and light years ahead of Mercedes. After having the car for 5 days, I would say the MF steering wheel is cool to have but not absolute necessity. Now IMHO, PDK is a must have

John

Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Thanks John.

Mercedes COMMAND is very behind its time, and iDrive is a pain to use as well. The touchscreen interface looks great and is a good move from Porsche. Can't wait to play with it.

And yes, PDK is simply an *amazing* gearbox. It really makes my SMG feel like a 16 year old kid driving a manual for the first time!

I see you have a W211 E55 as well, I got rid of mine two years ago, that was a great car -- if you wanted to go fast in straight line in automatic! I miss the torque that car had - the E60 is a disappointment when it comes to torque.

I actually prefer my 550i over the M5 for city driving since we're stuck in traffic most of the time in Los Angeles anyway.

Enjoy that C4S!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned
Update: Got him down to $1,400 plus tax.

Trying for $1,300 now

Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
A friend of mine got hers for $1,369 per month including tax, just drive offs, 12,000 miles a year, 36 months...on a $104k car...you can do better...hers was white with tan interior...so not a weird color or a launch car...this was a color she requested...and they got it for her....

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Just so you know

Originally Posted by daKrisht
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Porsche produces around 11,000 cars / year (all models included)?

That's pretty low compared to MB and BMW with 300k cars each...............
Just so you know, model year 2008 production:

Preliminary figures show that a total of 105,162 vehicles were produced – 3.3 percent more than in the previous fiscal year. The factory in Leipzig was working at the limits of its capacity. With production of the Cayenne reaching 48,497 units – an increase of 34.1 percent relative to the previous fiscal year – more automobiles rolled off the assembly line than ever before. The number of 911s manufactured in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen was 34,303, representing a reduction of twelve percent. Production of the Boxster series totalled 22,356 units (minus 16.3 percent).

Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have the MF wheel, but none of my cars have ever had one...so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I do have the NAV, etc., but to be honest, the only thing I use is the radio/CD, if that, and hardly ever use the stalk to mess around with all the other info. Most times I just drive the car with nothing on...I'm enjoying the car, the drive, and the sound too much.

Great car, hope it works out. $1400+tax is $1500 something, right? What is the residual?

J

Old 04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JCBH
A friend of mine got hers for $1,369 per month including tax, just drive offs, 12,000 miles a year, 36 months...on a $104k car...you can do better...hers was white with tan interior...so not a weird color or a launch car...this was a color she requested...and they got it for her....
I love your persistence JC

Will certainly try to get down to $1300!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
If a dealership quoted 1600 a month and backed down to 1400 I would be so insulted that I would take those numbers and my business to another dealership . 200 a month for 36 months is over 7K. How many times have you walked out of this place?

I don't know about how you feel but if I am buying a Porsche I want the bottom line on the first discussion otherwise I am outta there .

Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree...I got my dealership down about $375 per month when I started, over the course of a day or so...once I got two other dealerships trying to get my business, they caved and gave me the deal I wanted, within $10 per month. Last day of February, they wanted to make the deal. End of month really does make a difference, it seems...keep on 'em and make the deal you want, not what they want. There are way more cars than buyers at the moment, and don't be afraid to tell them that. Just my opinion...

Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^yeah. In a perfect world that would be great. Unfortunately it's not the case and the main reason why buying a car can be such a PITA. Dealers have to make a profit to keep the doors open, it's expected that they would try to make the most they can. While the consumer tries to get the best deal. The purchase price is arrived at in the middle, after much negotiation. It's just business, and it's just the way it is. Fortunately, the whole process seems to be a bit more pleasurable with higher end cars...that's been my experience anyway.

J

Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned
Thanks guys.

I'll be on them tomorrow and we'll see where we can take the price this week.

I've visited Rusnak once, I've known the salesman for many years when he used to work for BH Benz. I was quoted $1,600 once over the phone (I'd say unofficially) and received the revised quote of $1,400 via email today.

I think $1,400 tax included is a good deal.

JC, could you talk a bit about why the end of the month makes a difference?

I'm not aware of manufacturers changing lease rates every month, I believe they do it every few months.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
End of the month closes out the units moved . End of the year is even more important because higher volume dealerships receive preferred allocation . When I bought my Turbo only one dealership had them and they had FOUR of them . Why ? Because they sell Turbos in higher volume .

If they can squeeze out a car on the last day of the month for afew dollars less they have incentive --especially on a slow month .

Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned
Anyone know the April 2009 Porsche Lease Residual Rates?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I think it depends on the MSRP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member + A Question or Two