997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Member + A Question or Two

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
0.52 sound right for a $103k car (assuming we're discounting the car to $93k)?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Residual is based on mileage and amount of time of lease...meaning, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years...residual goes down the longer you have it...how many years are you looking at? 3 years?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned
3 years, 12k - a member PM'd me his #'s and his residual was 0.52 / 3 years / 12k - he got his lease in April that's why I was asking if 0.52 is correct.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
That sounds right...how is it going with Rusnak? Did you get them any lower?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:33 PM
fang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of light
Here's a link to Stoddard Porsche's website in Ohio from today... their lease terms are right on their website and it looks like you can get lease a new '09 $104K C2S for $2900 down and $1239 a month... there's a whole buncha examples as you can see... Hope this helps!

http://stoddard.porschedealer.com/ne....php?model=997

Last edited by fang911; 04-20-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JCBH
That sounds right...how is it going with Rusnak? Did you get them any lower?
Monday's are busy for me but I just sent them an email about 20 minutes ago. We'll see what they reply tomorrow.

BTW, they also have a Basalt Black C2S with Beige Interior, but I think the Meteor is the car.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree...meteor is gorgeous...one of my favorites...looks incredible on 997.2's...in my opinion...keep us posted.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Banned
I emailed him the following message yesterday:

"$1400 + tax seems just a tad bit high – A friend of mine told me he picked up a 911 C2S for about $1350 tax included. He was kind enough to email me the details of his deal: $106k car, invoice price @ $93k x (0.52 residual) = $48,360 residual value // $93k - $48,360 = $37,880 depreciation / 36 months = $1,052 per month not including tax + drive off."

He replied, "I used the numbers you gave me and they don't seem to work, if you can get a copy of the lease and send it to me I can see exactly what it is"

Now, I think he [the dealer] did infact try these numbers out and they just didn't work. I see no reason why he would lie about that.

Your thoughts?

Old 04-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned
Got some lease details from a very kind member here, sending them off tomorrow to get the lease down to my liking... we'll see

Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Good luck. Lease pricing at invoice on a new car in a hot selling region might be a bit of a stretch . It might be worth going in person to attach some closurse to the deal . With a checkbook in hand sitting in front of them is very different than via e mail .
This way if you walk from the car .. you both have the answer and if not then congrats in advance.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Any update? Curious.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Banned
Dealer left a message for me today, following up tomorrow as I've been very busy but I won't pay more than $1,450 tax included or I'll just go somewhere else.

A member PM'd me some #'s from Downtown Porsche - $103k Meteor C2S - $1239 + tax if I remember correctly.

I'm ready to take the check book out this weekend and I'll let Rusnak know this tomorrow. I really just love the way the Meteor sits with the Carrera Classic wheels and the extra 10mm lowered PASM.

It's the little things... But I could always have a different dealer run numbers on that same car.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I have heard recently that Rusnak in particular has been suffering lately (with all that $$$ they put into that BMW store in Thousand Oaks and the $$$ they are going to have to shell out for the new Bentley store opening in a year or two in Thousand Oaks), and with all of that in mind, they should be making deals...they let a lot of their people go recently and are still struggling in this down economy...for what it is worth, I would just make them an offer and tell them to take it or leave it...there are a lot of LA dealers and most of them are interested in moving cars...I had three dealers bidding on my business and finally went with what I thought was the best I could do...again...you are nearing the end of the month, and they want to close a deal...

Old 04-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
You know you love the gray car. Are you really dickering over 50/month?
Just buy the thing and begin to enjoy yourself:-) Most of all have fun:-)

Good luck

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
Honestly i think you can do much better if you'd be willing to go with a CPO. You could probably get into a 1 yr old C2S for less than that 1600/month which sounds outrageous.

Some banks offer an alternative to leasing that's simply a balloon payment, so you're not locked into a term, but get the advantage of paying the depreciation similar to a lease.

I'd highly recommend Pentagon Federal, you can get their "Payment Advantage" and went with a 2008 you could shave 600+ off that monthly outlay and not be locked into a term. I ran a quick calculation using their tool (see attached image) and came up with the following results for a 2008 C2S @ $70K, which wouldn't be hard to find.

Originally Posted by daKrisht
Hey Everyone,

New member saying hello to the Porsche lovers at 6 Speed online!

I've actually been reading these forums for a while but haven't had anything to say!

I'm getting very close to picking up an '09 997 C2S Coupe and wanted to get some thoughts and opinions.

Honestly, nothing drives like P-cars - they truly are in a league of their own. I've had my share of German engineering from an E39 540i, E39 M5, W209 CLK55, W211 E55, E60 550i and now the E60 M5 but it's time to get rid of the V-10 monster and jump into a car that just feels so much better.

I had a chance to drive an '09 997 C2S + PDK + Chrono two weeks ago @ Rusnak --- What a car!

The PDK really makes me hate the jerkiness of my 9 mpg SMG even more! I'll miss the roomy leather of the 5-series but I've had enough BMW

BMW and Mercedes are just NOT what they used to be. They're mass-produced vehicles that are every other car in Los Angeles, the craftsmanship has gone down from the early days and I've lost a lot of faith in both companies.

I'm beginning to understand why Porsche has been building the same car for 40+ years. Hopefully, I'll be understanding this for many years to come.

--

I'm looking at two cars: one is Meteor Grey + Black Leather the other is Basalt Black + Beige Leather. The Basalt is still in port and hasn't arrive at the dealer.

I love everything about the Meteor Grey except that it doesn't have the multifunction steering wheel (oh well) and EVERY car I've had has had black leather. Every one!

I love the beige but feel that black isn't my favorite color, however, I haven't had a chance to see Basalt Black in person yet. Black is still black though.

Both cars are about $105k MSRP.

Dealer is offering $5-6k due at signing, 36-months lease, $1600 / month.

Your thoughts on the #'s?

Your thoughts on the color choices? (this one is tough I know )

I feel it's probably better to pick a C2S off the lot instead of ordering one as I'm looking for a good deal.

Look forward to being a member here and enjoying a new 997 very soon!

Take care,

-Krisht

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member + A Question or Two