997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer Markup on 997S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 02:03 AM
I Drive a Neon
En-Glaived is infamous around these parts
Dealer Markup on 997S?

Went to Reeves Porsche today here in Tampa, me and my mom test drove the new 997 with the ceramic breaks (which by the way cause neck snapping breaking compared to my little SRT-4) and the Sport Chrono Plus package. I have now got her away from looking at the 645Ci from BMW (personally it looks like a Toyota Solara and for its price, she can get a 997 Porsche or a Viper). Someone ordered the exact car she would want but they canceled the order so its sitting there in the show room, I think it is $82,000 with some sort of elctronic seat memory as its only option and the 6 Speed gear box. Just curious if we could get this at this price with no mark up, we are going to pay cash for it (well a check, no finance or lease) because we hate owing money on cars. Just wondering what everyone else got their 997 for.

Also, I have now been spoiled and my SRT-4 feels like a pig now compared to that 997, ohh well someday right?

Last edited by En-Glaived; 10-12-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
you should be thinking about discounts, not markups.

Old 10-12-2004, 03:26 AM
I Drive a Neon
Really? what do you think we could get? We arent sure if we are trading in our 2004 MB E320 Sport or not, she might keep it because she thinks a manual will get tiring for every day use. We owe nothing on the E320.

Any rebates out by chance, didnt think porsche ever had discounts.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:34 AM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
no rebates, but you should be able to get a grand or two off MSRP

Old 10-12-2004, 06:26 AM
I Drive a Neon
thats good to know =) thanks guys ill pass it along to the birth giver.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:06 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
My understanding is that Porsche doesn't allow markups over sticker. I agree, you should be able to get a couple of G's off sticker, these cars are not moving.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
My dealer has 4 on the floor. They also just got a CGT. I am going to check it out today.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:02 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Re: Dealer Markup on 997S?

Originally posted by En-Glaived
Went to Reeves Porsche today here in Tampa, me and my mom test drove the new 997 with the ceramic breaks (which by the way cause neck snapping breaking compared to my little SRT-4) and the Sport Chrono Plus package. I have now got her away from looking at the 645Ci from BMW (personally it looks like a Toyota Solara and for its price, she can get a 997 Porsche or a Viper). Someone ordered the exact car she would want but they canceled the order so its sitting there in the show room, I think it is $82,000 with some sort of elctronic seat memory as its only option and the 6 Speed gear box. Just curious if we could get this at this price with no mark up, we are going to pay cash for it (well a check, no finance or lease) because we hate owing money on cars. Just wondering what everyone else got their 997 for.

Also, I have now been spoiled and my SRT-4 feels like a pig now compared to that 997, ohh well someday right?
Deal with Beverly... She is the best.. My friend has bought several cars from her and she tried to help me out also. You can tell her that one of Rob's friends with the Silver modified Turbo told you to see her.

PM me if you want...

Old 10-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Cash is NOT King

It use to be that cash was king!
Not in the auto business..
Lease and finance rules because it generates what is known in the auto business as "back-end money".
At a dealership near me the back-end money generated on the lease of a $105
+K GT3 was in the neighborhood of $14,000.
Cash is not king when buying a vehicle

Old 10-15-2004, 10:46 PM
I Drive a Neon
Re: Cash is NOT King

Originally posted by Trundle997
It use to be that cash was king!
Not in the auto business..
Lease and finance rules because it generates what is known in the auto business as "back-end money".
At a dealership near me the back-end money generated on the lease of a $105
+K GT3 was in the neighborhood of $14,000.
Cash is not king when buying a vehicle
We just dont like owing anyone money.

Beverly eh? Ill pass it along, my parents are going to Vegas this weekend and will decide on the 645 or the 997 while there, hopefully the 997 id love to take that to Bradenton Motorsports Park for a run =P

Old 10-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Banned
MoneyBiz is infamous around these parts
Re: Dealer Markup on 997S?

Refinance your house and pay cash.

Old 10-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I Drive a Neon
Re: Re: Dealer Markup on 997S?

Originally posted by MoneyBiz
Refinance your house and pay cash.
Im 18 and just started college =(

Old 10-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Banned
Re: Re: Re: Dealer Markup on 997S?

Im 18 and just started college =(
I was talking about your mom. If you have the money to pay cash I think you can get a better return on your money if you got a loan and invest the cash you were going to use.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:43 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Why not this..... Go into the dealer and finance. Than have your Mom take an equityloan and pay the car off using that money when you get the first bill. There are no early payoff penalties. How about that for back end business?

Old 10-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Banned
Originally posted by neil.schneider
Why not this..... Go into the dealer and finance. Than have your Mom take an equityloan and pay the car off using that money when you get the first bill. There are no early payoff penalties. How about that for back end business?
They can get a better deal and screw the dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Markup on 997S?