997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Which dealer in LI, NY is mod friendly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:43 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Which dealer in LI, NY is mod friendly?

I fully modded my 08 997 and I was told by the service manager that my dealer, Porsche Huntington wont work with me on any warranty work if its modded. Which dealer in the LI, NY area is mod friendly?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 AM
ak996TT is infamous around these parts
Fully modded? Like what kind? please be specific,,,so we can help you better...

Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Your warranty is not with the dealer it is with Porsche. It does not really matter what a dealer says about a warranty situation....it has to be approved with Porsche, especially for major warranty items.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Your warranty is not with the dealer it is with Porsche. It does not really matter what a dealer says about a warranty situation....it has to be approved with Porsche, especially for major warranty items.
Theres little things that I want to be able to have fixed without them going into all of this BS about me Modifying the car caused the problem...
IE: Airbag doesnt work when someone is sitting in the passenger seat. I brought it in, they said they fixed it. I get home, still doesnt work. I had the SSK installed, they said it was a result of the SSK and its not covered under warranty. Its total BS because the light was on before i had the SSK installed!! I dont want little headache's like these, I want a good dealership that isnt going to ask questions type of thing... any one know of any good ones? Im going to have the LWFW installed and I can only imagine what kind of stuff is going to happen that they arent going to cover...

Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
please define "fully modded"

Old 04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
i really dont think it matters that much, but its everything you can do performance wise to a 997 NA shy of a SC

Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
disruptek is infamous around these partsdisruptek is infamous around these parts
While it's true that your warranty is with Porsche, the service department at a dealership can negotiate with Porsche on your behalf to get claims honored. Without that negotiation, I feel you are at a severe disadvantage when making warranty claims.

They aren't exactly close to Long Island, but Paul Miller in Parsippany, NJ should be able to help you. There are several messages in the forum suggesting that their service department is friendly. I test-drove some cars there, and a buddy has had good experiences with their service folks in getting major warranty work done.