997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Why did Porsche do this on the 09 C4S ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porscheman1963
A nice member posted this of his friends C4S. I have the same car arriving this weekend at my dealer. I cannot figure out why Porsche added this ugly looking reflector/brake light or whatever it is ???? I marked it with an arrow in between the 2 brake lights.
Historical design:

Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by trophymaker
A little off topic but I think the 997.1 PSE exhaust tips are the best looking exhaust tips on any 911 ever.
off topic also. Would you mind sending me a picture of them. I can't recall what they looked like. Thanks

Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am not a fan of the retro back end, looks to 80's

Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
I don't understand why only the C4/4S has the new red reflector bar in the back. Used to be that all 911s had the bar. Why bring it back only on some of the models - albeit the more expensive models. So you pay more for you car and you can get this styling throwack to a classic P-car look? I don't really see the connection.

I'd like to see Porsche make the light bar an option and let's see how popular it is.

Anywa, I've seen it in person and it looks perfectly fine.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lockie
off topic also. Would you mind sending me a picture of them. I can't recall what they looked like. Thanks
Like this.

Last edited by keninirvine; 02-16-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
I like it.

Attached Images   
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Like this.
Thanks for the pics. They are very nice. I think alot nicer than the 997.2 Sport Exhaust tips.
I also like the rear of your 4S without the red reflector bar .

Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I don't mind the red bar on the 997.2, but could live without it. It looked better on the 996 as shown in one of the photos above, because the strip aligned nicely with the red portion of the tail lights.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
bonstrmr is infamous around these partsbonstrmr is infamous around these parts
I think that the reflector looks terrible and that it hasn't look like it belongs since the 993. It is actually the only thing I don't like about the car and why I love the rear on my 08 C4S.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:06 AM
997guardian is infamous around these parts
I thought I didn't like the strip but it looks pretty good on white.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Agreed. I was trailing behind two yesterday on the autobahn (before we hit the no-limit portion and they vanished) and it does not look too good in my opinion. The prev model year does look much better.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I am ok with the look, but agree that it does integrate better with the 993 taillight design. I would however remove the stainless covers off the exhaust tips and leave them black!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:52 AM
porscheman1963 is infamous around these parts
I've read this forum pretty religiously since I ordered my car back in Dec 2008 and I really cannot remember a single post on it but I could have missed it I guess. It's really not that big a deal to me, I was just commenting on it, I mean come on now, its just a single piece of trim, not at all a deal breaker !!

Originally Posted by mstams
No offense, but I can't believe you didn't already know this as much as it's been praised by some and lamented by others...

Old 04-23-2009, 06:59 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JAY-PESOS
thats a trademark design.
It's was on all C4S cars except the most recent models. I loved it on my 03...it's just something different

Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Ced
Ced is infamous around these parts
It's not bad. It tells me that you have a new design . Once you the drive the bad boy you will start to like any differences the car has in the aesthetics department.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did Porsche do this on the 09 C4S ?