997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How should I price my 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
How should I price my 997?

Hey guys. I have the opportunity to invest in a startup business, so I may sell my 997 in the near future. Before I post it to the 'For Sale' section, I wanted to hear your honest/unbiased opinions on a decent asking price. So, I would like your opinions on the As-Is price (modded) and a stock price. Since my family (Autobody business) put so much time and attention into the body mods, I would hate to take it apart! However, I realize some people may want a stock car.

I am traveling on business right now, so I don't have all of the pics on this computer. Here are the car details from a previous post. FYI - I sold the AH pipes, so the exhaust is back to stock now.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rade-bait.html

Where should I price this 997 As-Is & Stock?

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited by Nickinohio; 04-22-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Nickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the roughNickinohio is a jewel in the rough
PS - Does anyone want to buy a 997? If you know anyone in the market for a 997, send them my way!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nickinohio
PS - Does anyone want to buy a 997? If you know anyone in the market for a 997, send them my way!

cmon jim, ask how much.............this might be the one

Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
After reading 20-30 of your posts the past few weeks I'd recommend you keep the car and forget about investing in any businesses.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yikes . I am in agreement with Tejoe . You just bought the car on 3/29 and it's only two months later and you have wanted out . swap, etc for most of yoir ownership time . That's not going to attract too many buyers on top of the 38K miles and list of complaints you have shared about the car .

You don't seem happy with the mods or snags of install and your dilema is the exact reason why I always tell posters to stay away from high mileage Porsches because you are in the zone and somewhat trapped .

You spent all this money .
The car has issues.
It has miles.
You want to unload it .
And you can't because you sank too much into it .

This is how a business can go bankrupt on a smaller scale .

Keep the car . Get it fixed right and drive it into the ground .

Or .

Part it out and convert it to stock .
Then sell it but do not allow this car to cross 50K miles or you just sank the whole enchillada .

Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tejoe
After reading 20-30 of your posts the past few weeks I'd recommend you keep the car and forget about investing in any businesses.
You do have to wonder.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Yikes . I am in agreement with Tejoe . You just bought the car on 3/29 and it's only two months later and you have wanted out .
If 3/29 is the purchase date, it's not even ONE month later - today is 4/23 . . .

Then sell it but do not allow this car to cross 50K miles or you just sank the whole enchillada .
I have seen you make many posts about mileage and Porsches . . . is it just a price drop you're commenting on (if so, WHY? reliability?), or is that when the risk of major expenses shoots through the roof?

Thanks!

Kurt

Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow. I thought this board was filled with decent people. For starters, this is a great car. What problems are you referring to? This car doesn't have any issues. Get it fixed right? What the ???? are you talking about?

Second, I'm sure I'm not the first person that will sell a luxury 'want' to pursue other life opportunities. Look at many 6Speeders signatures!

I cannot believe you guys have jumped to so many conclusions without knowing me or my car. You should feel good about yourselves, as you sound like quality people.

Nick

Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
NoOxyContin4U is infamous around these parts
Wow. I thought this board was filled with decent people. For starters, this is a great car. What problems are you referring to? This car doesn't have any issues. Get it fixed right? What the ???? are you talking about?

Second, I'm sure I'm not the first person that will sell a luxury 'want' to pursue other life opportunities. Look at many 6Speeders signatures!

I cannot believe you guys have jumped to so many conclusions without knowing me or my car. You should feel good about yourselves, as you sound like quality people.

Nick
OK. Post the specs and I'll give you the value.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NoOxyContin4U
OK. Post the specs and I'll give you the value.
car is an 05 coupe (non-S) , 38k miles, out of warranty.

although you have made some nice appearence mods to the outside, the high miles, no warranty, and 05 year place it low in the 997 family.

45k would be my guess, maybe more if you find someone that wants the mods and has the money

Old 04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bara
car is an 05 coupe (non-S) , 38k miles, out of warranty.

although you have made some nice appearence mods to the outside, the high miles, no warranty, and 05 year place it low in the 997 family.

45k would be my guess, maybe more if you find someone that wants the mods and has the money
Thanks Bara. Some of the options are listed on the above thread, but I can post the window sticker when I get back to Ohio. Where do you peg the price stock?

Nick

Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
If 3/29 is the purchase date, it's not even ONE month later - today is 4/23 . . .

I have seen you make many posts about mileage and Porsches . . . is it just a price drop you're commenting on (if so, WHY? reliability?), or is that when the risk of major expenses shoots through the roof?

Thanks!

Kurt
I hit 2 instead of 1 . Even worse --he just got the car and wantss out .
Mileage on high end cars is not just a psychological deterrent on resale. Expenses on an out of warranty car add up and even routine maintenance costs money . Buyers shy away from it .. even worse with Ferrari and Lambo . The higher end cars are even more mile conscious .

Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Nick
Your posts list everything from rattlles to displeasure with your loud exhaust. You think the interior is cheap and it seems like you have spent more time trying to swap ot trade out of this car than enjoying it .
Here you go .. read your own posts !!! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...archid=4068822

I am not calling you names nor do I care if you go into business . I am sticking to the specific topic of your and seleting yoir own words as evidence to support my opinion.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Your posts list everything from rattlles to displeasure with your loud exhaust. You think the interior is cheap and it seems like you have spent more time trying to swap ot trade out of this car than enjoying it .
Here you go .. read your own posts !!! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...archid=4068822

I am not calling you names nor do I care if you go into business . I am sticking to the specific topic of your and seleting yoir own words as evidence to support my opinion.
yrralis1, your link is broken.

Nick, i would not take off the appearence mods. doing so could net you less money than what you paid for it yourself. way too many cars out there right now to buy one without warranty unless its going for cheap.

i would probably not try to sell it here. the above posts do nothing but drive off buyers. you obviously dont want it anymore after a short time so the next buyer would look to that as a possible red flag

Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Bara -

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...archid=4068822

It's simply the search all posts feature on nick so you can read his posts .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How should I price my 997?