997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

newbie 09 997 advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
299moto is infamous around these parts
newbie 09 997 advice

Been lurkin awhile, time to jump in.

Always wanted a 911 & now seems like the best opportunity ever.

Been shoppin for a 09 4S & wondering if its worth waiting until fall for better prices. Ive read different posts about 10+ % off & killer buy rates on leases but socal dealers aren't gettin there yet. Originally was just gonna buy a used 06-07 around 70k-75k, but made the mistake & drove an 09. Now its 09 or bust. Leasing makes most sense for me from a business standpoint.

Inventory seems like its starting to thin-Are all the 09's at the dealers? I'm being told Porsche is done till 2010 & those wont be here till Aug at the soonest. Wondering if 09's that are left, if any, wb 20% off in Sep-Dec. I dont mind being patient, but sure would like to enjoy the summer in one.

Ive checked all the SoCal shops & also wondering if buying out of state might save more?

Opinions?

Btw, here's the 09 that hooked me-C4S w/PDK -GT Silver

Old 04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Pretty car.
The later you buy, the better chance getting a good purchase price, but the lower the residual which ultimately affects the monthly payment if you are planning on leasing.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Nice car...if you get it, you won't regret it. I have had my C4S cab for almost 2 months and I am enjoying it every day. Good luck!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:49 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JCBH
Nice car...if you get it, you won't regret it. I have had my C4S cab for almost 2 months and I am enjoying it every day. Good luck!
Same here! Any nice mods out there? I did a few already.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by terrence
Pretty car.
The later you buy, the better chance getting a good purchase price, but the lower the residual which ultimately affects the monthly payment if you are planning on leasing.
But if the price is much lower, wouldnt it offset the lower residual & then some?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That Gt silver is hawt !!! Why go anywhere else ? You can split hairs between 10 percent and 8 percent but if the car is a special order color and sitting in your own back yard it sounds like that's all you need .

Leasing - Dealerships will spin the numbers eveywhere. A C4S PDK is not a cheap car to buy or lease so if those lease payments almost sound like you are paying someone elses mortgage it can get very old after that novelty wears off . If you still love this car in your 35th month I think you will wish you bought it because if you kept it for 6 years rather lease a new one you would be ahead on savings .

I like the car but I can't help but ask --why not lease or buy a Turbo . You are that close . My local dealership may have a GT silver Turbo too .

Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
turbo=jail or ER for me

This thing is scary enough.

I can get cheap credit union money 5.5 for 84 months but would like some shared risk in case I want out in 3 yrs

Maybe I should consider C2S to save cost-resid is actually better oddly enough? Do love the wide body, tho.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by 299moto
But if the price is much lower, wouldnt it offset the lower residual & then some?
Maybe, maybe not. The money factor right now is so good it is not going to get better. My bet is your lease payment in August or September will be higher than it is today.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:34 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
You don't have to give the car back at the end of the lease...you can re-lease, finance, or buy outright. Leasing can be a good move, just depends on how you look at it. I leased mine, and will finance the residual at the end.

J

Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
You don't have to give the car back at the end of the lease...you can re-lease, finance, or buy outright. Leasing can be a good move, just depends on how you look at it. I leased mine, and will finance the residual at the end.

J
Every transaction = more money to someone else .

Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
You have wiggle room when negotiating a lease. I worked hard and ended up with a lease that, if you add up all 35 payments plus the residual...the sum total is less than financing the same car over 5 years. If I finance the residual, that's a different story...so I've got to save up that cash .

J

Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by 299moto
turbo=jail or ER for me

This thing is scary enough.

I can get cheap credit union money 5.5 for 84 months but would like some shared risk in case I want out in 3 yrs

Maybe I should consider C2S to save cost-resid is actually better oddly enough? Do love the wide body, tho.
Understand the cautiousness but once you sign that lease the commitment has a defined term and with their expensive car they do hold a tight leash . Most find this when they want an early exit or a longer term commitment .

On a 130K car I'll guess lease payments with zero down at 2400 . After a year you will sit there and realize that for the next two years of payments and cringe . That's what you need to consider .

No matter how you look at this .. there's financial risk .

I understand taht it hurts to plunk down so much money at once . Everyone wants to drive the car for free .

I just want to point out all sides of this while you are still in the honeymoon phase because I know how it feels . I have had 8 of thse cars . I have never leased any .

At this point with enough mods on my Turbo to equal the cost of two stock Turbos I just chalk it up to loving the car that much .

Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
You have wiggle room when negotiating a lease. I worked hard and ended up with a lease that, if you add up all 35 payments plus the residual...the sum total is less than financing the same car over 5 years. If I finance the residual, that's a different story...so I've got to save up that cash .

J
That's the bait along with the tax credit that lease companies use to convince millions of people to lease Vs buy . Run those same numbers against an outright buy . If that sounds outrageous then at least run it past a sizeable down payment . Also factor in that you can't guess financing rates for the future or even if that car will be worth the buyout .

Too many unknowns to draw the comparison. Even the manufacturers and dealerships who design the lease programs make error forecast predictions .

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Run those same numbers against an outright buy .
I did, that's what I'm trying to say. You, and some other's, may never believe it, but sometimes a lease can make sense. If you intend to buy the car outright, then leasing with a good lease, and buying the car at residual can cost less than financing that same car on day 1 when you add up all the cash outlay. Also, deffered payment and keeping your money in your pocket is also usually a good thing...no matter what the investment. Like I said, I ran the numbers for leasing and buying when I picked my car up...total outlay for the lease and payment of the residual in cash, which I will do, will cost less than the sum total of payments for the same car if I had financed it. This is the second car I'll buy this way, and it works out to paying MSRP for the car in cash on day 1, but with the benifit of deffered payment over 3 years. Basically no finance charge. However, you have to work to get a good lease. I spent about 2 months on it.

J

Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Get the turbo..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: newbie 09 997 advice