997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Sport Exhaust for the 2009 Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DaveC
I just took delivery of an 09 C2S Cab w/ SC. Does the PSE hook into the SC or does it require a separate switch? Do you have any pricing yet on the retrofit? Thanks.
Someone on Rennlist recently posted pics of their pse system, and there is a separate switch on their C2S.

Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
When engaged does the new PSE turn off and on according to speed like the old one? It is a real bummer to pay so much for a selectable exhaust note and then have to disable the switch.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
shuffles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave I
Someone on Rennlist recently posted pics of their pse system, and there is a separate switch on their C2S.
In the case of Sport Chrono, the Sport Plus button would be in that place. So, for SC cars is there a seperate switch?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
On the pdk cars with the sport plus switch for the launch control, I can't imagine that they would integrate the exhaust switch into the SC+ if it's a separate button on the 6-speed cars, but I don't know that for a fact.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

A close up shot of the new tips, hence the earlier phallic comment. I suppose it's a smart design, the silver portion of the tip would never be exposed to the black soot from the exhaust.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Sounds nice...please post some more...especially under load and inside/outside car fly bys. Is there a power gain...or purely sound?
Thanks
D

Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned
daKrisht is infamous around these partsdaKrisht is infamous around these parts
Sport exhaust sounds great! Love that little exhaust button too

Not a fan of tips at all...

Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 AM
porscheman1963 is infamous around these parts
This link doesnt seem to work anymore ?????

Originally Posted by suncoastric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4YdbVhv3g

Just received an 09' with the new sport exhaust system. We have a few of the retrofit kits on order, please contact us if you're interested. It sounds great, especially while the car is under load.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
sultan is infamous around these parts
its working fine with me

Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
911-CAR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche119
Sounds nice...please post some more...especially under load and inside/outside car fly bys. Is there a power gain...or purely sound?
Thanks
D
2 that !

Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Let me work on that, I'll try to steal the keys again.

I haven't seen any performance gains listed, I'm sure it's just for sound.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 PM
princealidds is infamous around these parts
I just got an 08 C4S with Aero kit & sport exhaust. It does not have a chrono package, the exhaust sounds great, however I can't tell a difference when I hit the "exhaust" button? The sound pretty much always sounds the same: loud/sporty
Has anyone noticed this? Another silly question, does this make the car faster? I say this because I just traded my M5, and it has the M Button, after pressing the car became a monster. This is my first Porsche.........

Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
The button should make a difference. Everytime you start the car, it should be in the quiet mode (you have to press the button to make it loud). The previous owner may have disabled the vacuum system.

If you have the VIN number, I can check it and see if it was a factory installed option. Email me or PM me: Click HERE

Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Received my new C4S PDK with SC and SPASM and PSE.
There is a seperate exhaust button and when pushed it is always on, no matter the speed. I guess this is different form the 05-08 cars.
I really like the sound when crusing below forty mph.

Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. Do you mind posting a photo of the interior PSE button? Curious...thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Sport Exhaust for the 2009 Carrera