997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pre-purchase inspection reveals painted front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Harvey in MD is infamous around these parts
Wow, great looking car. Enjoy in good health. I purchased my Boxster in FL many years ago and drove it home. I know the feeling you are having.

You can still go to BRBS ( Blue Ridge Boxster Summit) later this month. I'll be there, hope to meet you there or else where on the MD roads & Pcar events. I do autoxing with Potomac and Chesapeake chapters.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Happy to hear it worked out 4 u. Enjoy and drive the wheels off

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
love the matching roof/body. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
She's beautiful! Enjoy it in good health.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bdschet
Well, after a gut-wrenching decision process I decided to still fly down to Miami and at least see the car for myself. After a thorough conversation with the Porsche PPI inspector and an independent body shop I had affirmation from both saying they believed there was no collision damage and that the car looked and ran beautifully. I contacted the previous owner (not the dealer) of the car and personally asked him about the front bumper paint job. He told me how he had a bunch of rock chips and some damage to the lip from a curb (and being a cosmetic perfectionist) he replaced the entire bumper and had it painted at a porsche dealer. He faxed me the paperwork confirming this. I contacted the dealer to make sure they didn't have conflicting reports (a damaged bumper from an accident). They confirmed what the previous owner told me. I looked over and drove the car a ton and in the end it was just perfect for me. Had all the options I wanted and at a reasonable price. I figure with the signing off by the PPI inspector, an independent body shop, and the previous owner (not the selling dealer), I was good to go. I completed the deal, spent the next two days driving it back to Baltimore and couldn't be happier. The car is absolutely fantastic. The color combo is stunning and I have no qualms about the condition of the car. Thanks to all the advice here. In the end I feel like I sufficiently reviewed its condition to be comfortable. But definitely appreciate the comments I got here to get more information. It helped answer any questions/concerns.
Congrats . It looks like you went above and beyond what most would do to research and travel in order buy a car after the PPI . It does look great and what's most important is that you are happy with the result . Best wishes to you and enjoy the new car.