997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Teamspeed site looks very much like 6Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Teamspeed site looks very much like 6Speed

Was surfing the web and found the above mentioned site and was kind of surprised at how similar in design the site was. Similar to point that I wondered if it was a sister site to 6Speed. Even the sponsor ad logos run down the right side of the discussion page. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but this kind of boarders on some kind of design highjack.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think they use the same software, I also spend time on Clubtouareg and they have the same look as well. 6 speed is owned by Internet Brands, they list off all the sites they own on there website.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
I believe the originator of 6speed started that new website if I'm not mistaken.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I may be wrong but my understanding was the guys who run teamspeed used to own 6speed and sold it to internet brands...

Old 05-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
DJ owned this site and sold it to IB... now he runs Teamspeed... so he designed both layouts.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
That would explain it as I have been to more than few sites that look very similar in design and in some cases content. Guess I was a little surprised though as I kind of thought these sites were more like a club than a commercial enterprise. I'm such a romantic some times. When I owned my Boxster I spent a lot of time on the Porsche Pete's Boxster Board which is an excellent site with some of the best pure technical information available for the Boxster and early 996's as much of the cars content was the same. Probably still holds true for the 987 and 997. Always got that "part of a club feeling " from that site.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:22 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
just a typical forum styled CMS. they all look alike to me.