997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Delivery, 2009 C2S Aqua Blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i have to agree with you about the wheels. i would be hard pressed to go aftermarket unless its to up size in width from the 997.2 s wheels.

i think the GT3 wheels and the new 997S wheels make aftermarket wheels moot unless you want somthing really light like the oz 18's for the track.

im not a big fan of the blue but you have some really nice options.

how do you compare the suspension and ride with a 997.1 S in both sport and normal mode?

also, i know its new but what can you tell us about the engine vs 997s.1

Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
The car has 200 miles and hasn't been pushed at all and not over 4200 RPM. So until 2k and oil / filter change, I won't really know.

Based on street driving only, here are some very random thoughts. The 997.1 and even GT3 suspension would "wander" a bit, almost like it was trying to figure out how to dampen given a certain situation. This 997.2 Sport PASM simply tucks in and holds regardless of the pavement, angle, speed, steering input, etc. The suspension is slightly firmer than 997.1 and feels about as firm as the GT3 was, but is "softer" over bad pavement / bumps. Again, perhaps due to the Gen 2 PASM shocks and logic. Zero dive and body roll compared with 997.1. In fact, I'd say this suspension holds better than the GT3 in all ways possibly because it "figures out" how much to dampen quicker. Where the GT3 would "skip" on a hard turn with bad pavement, this 997.2 Sport PASM just holds true.

Last edited by RonCT; 05-03-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RonCT
The car has 200 miles and hasn't been pushed at all and not over 4200 RPM. So until 2k and oil / filter change, I won't really know.

Based on street driving only, here are some very random thoughts. The 997.1 and even GT3 suspension would "wander" a bit, almost like it was trying to figure out how to dampen given a certain situation. This 997.2 Sport PASM simply tucks in and holds regardless of the pavement, angle, speed, steering input, etc. The suspension is slightly firmer than 997.1 and feels about as firm as the GT3 was, but is "softer" over bad pavement / bumps. Again, perhaps due to the Gen 2 PASM shocks and logic. Zero dive and body roll compared with 997.1. In fact, I'd say this suspension holds better than the GT3 in all ways possibly because it "figures out" how much to dampen quicker. Where the GT3 would "skip" on a hard turn with bad pavement, this 997.2 Sport PASM just holds true.
sure sounds exciting. may have to get me some coilovers

Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, suspension changes really aren't necessary on the 997 unless you are very serious about making it a track / race car. The 997.1 stock suspension is brilliant, the 997.2 even better. And if getting a 2009 and you are very into tracking, then the Sport PASM makes even more sense.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Honestly, suspension changes really aren't necessary on the 997 unless you are very serious about making it a track / race car. The 997.1 stock suspension is brilliant, the 997.2 even better. And if getting a 2009 and you are very into tracking, then the Sport PASM makes even more sense.
my #1 motivation for that would be to get the 20mm drop. i wont get them untill i have driven a car with the damptronics.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
ragazzi_07 is infamous around these parts
congrats...enjoy the beautiful car....love that color

Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
lockmk is infamous around these parts
Ron, I think it is a matter o opinion on the suspension. I have a C2S 997.2 and was shocked at how 'lardy' the ride was out of the box. Damping felt soft and body roll was unacceptable. Since installing Techart springs and changing the anti-sway bars for RSS items my cars handling and response has been transformed. I drive a lot through the Santa Cruz mountains in CA and the rough pavement and tight switchbacks made my car feel like a luxo-barge. Much, much better now.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done Ron... You're going to love it! Get her broken-in and have some fun at the track. I totally agree with you on these cars and the updates made over the .1. They did such a fantastic job

Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Looks great, I'd love to see Cobalt and Aqua side by side, anyone?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I'll bring the Cobalt...

Attached Images