997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 PDK sport steering wheel on my 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JRoz
Sweet looking wheel, Did you get that and just the new steering module? What year and type, and where do you plan on getting it done?
At first i thought my original sport wheel airbag would work, not the case. Am ordering the module this week...my 07 C2S currently have the CF tiptronic wheel. I will change the wheel myself, Spudster will help with re-programing.

Wheel in picture will be up for sale soon...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4055.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	399423  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:41 PM
srleadjb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spudster
You'll just need to get a new steering wheel controller. Part #99761328901 I got mine here: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...901/ES1506568/ They've raised the price on it since I bought it. I saw it cheaper here: http://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/pa...&siteid=215796 Maybe Suncoast will have it for a good price. Check with them too. You will have to get it coded at the dealer. Hopefully your dealer or indy won't give you the run around like mine did. I just saw this PDK steering wheel on Ebay. Looks like a good buy: www.ebay.com/itm/111435108584 You'll need an airbag too. You can find them on Ebay for around $500.
I bought that wheel

Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM
JRoz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tphan
At first i thought my original sport wheel airbag would work, not the case. Am ordering the module this week...my 07 C2S currently have the CF tiptronic wheel. I will change the wheel myself, Spudster will help with re-programing.

Wheel in picture will be up for sale soon...
Nice good luck, let us know how the retro fit goes. I confirmed with my independent shop that they have access to a PIWIT through their very good relationship with a dealer. Im still a little wary about investing in this upgrade until I see a few other working examples. What did you end up going with? PDK 997.2 from suncoast?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kaz
Hey guys I thought this might interest some of the tiptronic owners out there... I got my hands on a 997.2 pdk sport steering wheel and had a lot of people tell me that it wouldnt fit on the hub or the tiptronic shifter on the wheel would be incompatible with the car or I would get an error light. Well... i just completed the install today, everything fully functional (one of my favorite upgrades Ive done so far). Here is a pic of the steering wheel. If anyone interested in the upgrade or need any help just pm me.
Congratulations and most of all being a pioneer on this. Funny, I had my pdk wheel upgraded to a carbon fiber custom one today and had dialogue with with the installers that the pdk wheels would not work with the gen 1 tiptronic cars..well behold I read this post which will be exciting info to share with my installers....they're the best, MaCarbon!

That being said I have my original excellent condition black/dark gray color pdk wheel off an 09' 997.2 C2 if anyone might be interested as I have no use for it now. Feel free to pm me, local buyers preferred if anyone is interested.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:12 AM
JRoz is infamous around these parts
Hey Kaz, what year is your 997.1, did you have to buy a new steering module as well? And if so did you get your dealership to re-code with a PIWIS?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JRoz
Nice good luck, let us know how the retro fit goes. I confirmed with my independent shop that they have access to a PIWIT through their very good relationship with a dealer. Im still a little wary about investing in this upgrade until I see a few other working examples. What did you end up going with? PDK 997.2 from suncoast?
I was convinced by Spudster that this work so I bought the pdk steering wheel from a local member. I am happy with the current CF wheel, however I want paddle shifting capability. The up/down triptronic buttons are worthless IMO.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:49 PM
for those that need to know, i did the swap today and the verdict is no horn no paddle. Electronic module and reprogramming needed...

Look great though

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1543.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	400423  
Old 10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by tphan
for those that need to know, i did the swap today and the verdict is no horn no paddle. Electronic module and reprogramming needed...

Look great though
Just like to update, with the electronic module purchased from Suncoast, we got the wheel working as if it was OEM. It's like a different car, i love it.

Thank.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !
Tan, it was good to meet you in person. Glad we got your steering wheel installed and programmed. Thanks for making me a great deal on the wheels!

Old 10-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Spudster
Tan, it was good to meet you in person. Glad we got your steering wheel installed and programmed. Thanks for making me a great deal on the wheels!
Yep, no problem. Glad you like the Carrera II wheels.

I can't wait to get back behind the wheel and drives.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:05 PM
gadgetJunky72 is infamous around these parts
Hi Guys,

I'd really like to do this mod to my 997.1 mod. Are these all the parts that i need?

997-004-402-16 steering wheel

997-613-289-01 module

What exactly needs to be done on the PIWIS?

Thanks

Pav

Edit: just realised this was my first post, so thought it only polite to introduce myself...

I live in London, UK. This is my third Porsche. Had a 997 C2S a few years back, a 944 track car that i sold just last year and i've had this 997T for about 2 years. can't really find anything to replace the 997T without spending silly money so thought i'd do a few mods to keep it interesting. I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport as a daily driver and a 2009 new shape Z4 for the few days it's sunny over here.

Last edited by gadgetJunky72; 11-01-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:03 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Welcome! Great collection you have there. I'm 1 year in to owning my first 911 (997TT) and keen to know the answer to your question as well. Would love to have F1 style paddles instead of the Playstation buttons.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !Spudster Is a GOD !
All you need is the steering wheel and the control module. I did read on another thread where someone said this mod won't work on a turbo. Not sure why (or if it's even true), but thought I'd let you know.

Old 11-19-2020, 04:13 PM
Marcel Tan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kaz
Thanks guys.....by far my most gratifying mod, and believe me i've done alot of mods so far. Ok heres the deal no adapters, pdk shift works great just like the tiptronic. I did the install myself. If any of you are local id be more than happy to help. The only weird thing is that I posted this more than a month ago. I dont know how it ended back upas a new thread. I guess mod revived the thread. Well thanks for all the props and ill have pics for u guys soon.
No programming needed for this exact steering wheel?

Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Marcel Tan
No programming needed for this exact steering wheel?
Mine required reprograming for the paddles to work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 PDK sport steering wheel on my 997.1