997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed Cargraphic "Medium" Loudness Exhaust Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:25 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Installed Cargraphic "Medium" Loudness Exhaust Today

...and I couldn't be happier!

Man! What a sound! I've spent the better part of the past two months going through exhausts (OEM, the Fabspeed, then PSE and now Cargraphic), and am happy to say I've found a keeper.

Bryan and the guys at RSS/Stugart Performance were top notch and took the time to demo the exhaust for me this morning and I was sold! If any of you are in the SoCal area, you really should take the time to go over to the shop and take a look around. They've got an AMAZING facility.

I'll try to shoot some video of the exhaust on cold start, etc but, to me, the sound clips never really bring out the true sound of the exhaust.

To me, the tone of the Cargraphic is almost identical but just a bit louder (in a very, very, very good way) to the PSE with the valves set to open full-time.

Not too loud to scare your neighbors but loud enough to be enjoyable at all RPMs, windows open/closed, radio on/off. Most important of all, there is no drone/resonance! This was a big concern of mine, having a tiptronic, but it's a non-issue here.

Build quality is top notch and the mufflers can with two different ends for the exhaust tips (one for the non-S variant, and one for the S variant) so that you could run your OEM tips or any number of tips out there.

Cargraphic also makes a "loud" version of this exhaust which, I'm sure sounds great too, but these are perfect for me (AND passed the "wife test"!)

I'm frankly surprised more people are not running these on their cars. Definitely a bit more pricey than say Fabspeeds but nothing outrageous (retail is around $2k).

If anyone in the OC area wants to hear the exhaust, I will be happy to audition them for you. PM/post here if you have any questions.

-Eddie

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
Was Stuttgart open today on Sat? That was one of the two EVO places I was going to check out to get EVOMS flash, exhaust, and intake installed until I got all confused with people saying it offers nothing but sound.

Did the Stuttgart guys have various exhausts you could hear? Might be worth going down there even if I'm not doing the EVO setup anymore just to hear some exhausts. If they are open on the weekends, even better. And oh - Go Lakers!

Edit - I just checked out the Stuttgart website and when I entered my vehicle type - 911 carrera s 6cyl 3.8L (closest match as I have an 08 997.1 C4S), the only exhaust it said I matched was the evo one. Seems like cargraphic only goes onto 2004 or below MY 911 cars?

Last edited by mozhacker; 05-03-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
A lot of Turbo owners have the CG loud version and it sounds great . I've never heard the normally aspirated 997S note but the quality is superb. Congrats .

Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mozhacker
Was Stuttgart open today on Sat? That was one of the two EVO places I was going to check out to get EVOMS flash, exhaust, and intake installed until I got all confused with people saying it offers nothing but sound.

Did the Stuttgart guys have various exhausts you could hear? Might be worth going down there even if I'm not doing the EVO setup anymore just to hear some exhausts. If they are open on the weekends, even better. And oh - Go Lakers!

Edit - I just checked out the Stuttgart website and when I entered my vehicle type - 911 carrera s 6cyl 3.8L (closest match as I have an 08 997.1 C4S), the only exhaust it said I matched was the evo one. Seems like cargraphic only goes onto 2004 or below MY 911 cars?
They were in fact open today -- but, it is my understanding that, Saturdays are typically by appt only.

The definitely do EVOMS flash and the Cargraphic is definitely for 05-08 MY 997 and 997 S's (I have an 06).

Send Bryan a PM -- he's RSSbryan on here and is a board sponsor. Tell him Eddie with the Midnight Blue Carrera S with 2 pink car seats sent ya!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
A lot of Turbo owners have the CG loud version and it sounds great . I've never heard the normally aspirated 997S note but the quality is superb. Congrats .
Thanks, Larry and thanks again for sending me the clips of the Tubi. It was a toss-up between the two!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
JJG
JJG is infamous around these parts
Laker,
Did you go with the Cargraphic's Header, Cat and Muffler system or just the muffler? Is there a difference in sound for the whole system?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
went through same thing and couldn't be more happy. I really love how the cargraphic sound and i replaced the system on the turbo to cargraphic too.

enjoy

Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 AM
philcr2800 is infamous around these parts
Besides the sound, do you feel the 10 to 15 bhp they claim?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding, guys.

JJG - just the mufflers. I did not want to mess with the cats or replacing the headers. Sounds perfect to me.

philcr2800 - butt dyno indicates no loss (and no gain) in HP.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
philcr2800 is infamous around these parts
It seems they do claim +10 hp with their mufflers -not saying where on th curve though.

http://www.cargraphic.de/sources/nav...language1.html

Old 09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Congrats. I have the Cargraphic Loud installed on my '09 Turbo and am very happy with it. An aftermarket exhaust is a must have for the Turbo. Still doesn't sound quite as good as a normally aspirated engine with sports exhaust IMHO...

Old 03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
997dmu is infamous around these parts
Eddie - sorry for replying to an old thread. Any chance I can hear your Medium Cargraphic exhaust? I'm down in OC. thx, Darryl

Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
If anyone of you guys are interested in the Cargraphic "loud" version, i happen to be selling mine

Just want to go back to stock for a while. Look for me in the "for sale" section. I'll probably have RSS take out my exhaust so you can pick it up there.