997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 small dent/crease on rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:57 AM
ljpviper is infamous around these partsljpviper is infamous around these parts
997 small dent/crease on rear quarter panel

Left my car at the Collection on Friday here in Miami for warranty work, was in a hurry and picked it up without looking at the passenger side.

Took the car out of the garage on Saturday morning noticed someone opened a door on the rear quarter/flair. Pissed, as I did not see it, otherwise I would have raised hell at the dealer.

Unreal how this can happen at a high end dealer. I have searched a few sites and most say paintless dent removel will not work on the quarters as it has two layers of metal.

Anyone have any ideas. Also, I would suggest when dropping the cars off at the dealers make sure you go over the entire car with the service rep and examine it closely on return.

Amazing how no one gives a F__K about anything.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
OMG that sucks. Any chance at alll this happened before you brought it in? Is this a Porsche dealer? Did you speak to them?

J

Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Dent

No way like the rest of you car nuts I am sure you know every scratch on the car.

I may call them Monday, but they are going to probably say, it was not inspected by me before leaving.

Maybe Dent Wizard can remove it, sucks if I have to get the rear quarter painted for something so minor

Old 05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
im also interested in hot to get a dent out... I have a small depression from what looks like a nut falling from a tree, or maybe a branch or something... Its not creased but is a dent in the metal. Its not noticable to anyone but me, and it really bufs the shat outa me!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:57 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
I am not surprised at what happened to you, as I have seen far worse at a certain Italian sports car dealer done by their mechanics and going through efforts to conceal it. The only way to be certain is to go over the car when you drop it off and at pick up time. This sort of thing shouldn't happen in an ideal world, but that is not the one we live in. Good luck and let us know if the paintless dent repair guys get this fixed for you.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
I had a dent removed from my rear quarter. It came out perfectly without any paint work! Check with dent wizzard, Im betting they can get it out.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ljpviper
Left my car at the Collection on Friday here in Miami for warranty work, was in a hurry and picked it up without looking at the passenger side.

Took the car out of the garage on Saturday morning noticed someone opened a door on the rear quarter/flair. Pissed, as I did not see it, otherwise I would have raised hell at the dealer.

Unreal how this can happen at a high end dealer. I have searched a few sites and most say paintless dent removel will not work on the quarters as it has two layers of metal.

Anyone have any ideas. Also, I would suggest when dropping the cars off at the dealers make sure you go over the entire car with the service rep and examine it closely on return.

Amazing how no one gives a F__K about anything.
If not on a crease its all good. They can remove if not on an edge. Dont even think about painting it

Old 05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Are you sure it happened there ? Or related to them rather than another customer ?

They do have a dent wizard guy who goes each day and it probably could have been fixed for less than the price of a loaner car.

I have nothing but praise for The Collection . In the many years my cars have been serviced there I have had only positive results .

My advice is to talk to them. But usually when someone posts this type of drama onto a message board it raises questons as to why you would do that . After all the reader can't know one way or the other .

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Dent

The drama is, the Collection needs to be more careful with the customer's cars. I showed the car on Thursday evening to a friend of mine and then put the car in the garage the dent was not there.

Dropped the car on Friday morning, picked it up on Friday evening. As stated, I rushed out of there and did not look over the car. Went home put the car in the garage and saw the dent on Saturday morning.

Unless my other car in the garage is opening the door by itself, you tell me how it got there.

My reason for posting is just to remind everyone to make sure to inspect their cars before and after leaving any dealership.

I am calling the service rep tomorrow morning, but it will probably do no good, lets see.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
How can you be so certain without talking to them ? Inspecting your car before and after is a great idea (most would agree) but you do realize that all the customers line up in the same drive . How do you know that one of them didn't hit it ? How can you be so sure that the Collection won't fix the ding that they may not have even done? I would give the name of a great dent repair guy but they also have one and IMO that's your first call .

BTW -- "rasing hell" doesn't get things fixed . Discussing it and being a bit more humble might be better route.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Mikes997C2S is infamous around these partsMikes997C2S is infamous around these parts
A good dent removal service can work wonders as long as the paint is intact.

Mike

Old 05-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Dent

The porter was pulling up the car from the underground, when I was waiting for it, so it was not another customers car.

Your correct, on not raising hell. I work a block away and will just go see the service rep tommorow. Live and learn, dents suck period, but if it was my fault, i can deal with it.

No excuse for this to happen from a high end dealer, sorry.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
When you drop off the car you pull into a drive with all the other customers . Then you walk to a service advisor and that's at least 5 minutes that everyones car faces a check in procedure . They may even have cameras . Every dealership I know has customers line up to drop off.

If you are certain that it happened there what makes you even more certain that no one cares (stated in your first post) ? Why not just talk to them ?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I got there at 730am so no one was there i was the first one in line at the front, plus my passengar side faced the offices, so a customers car did not do it the morning

I will go spleak to them tomorrow. Maybe I am jumping the gun in them not helping me.

Thanks for the advice

Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by richm356
Hello I'm very sorry for the dent that we may have caused ! I'm the shop foreman at The Collection and I will make sure we take care of your car in the best way possible send me a PM or ask for Rich when you come in and I and the service manager will take care of it for you. we have the Dent Wizzard in house and are very good . I also have a 997 and know how bad it sucks when things happen to our baby's and thats why I will make sure we make things right. rmaugherman@thecollection.com
again sorry!
excellent response and service...something to be proud of..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 small dent/crease on rear quarter panel