997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Who makes the best black exhaust tips.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Diablo79
Hey Guys. I just ordered and installed the RS1 ceramic coated tips from Rennsport-One. Tom is an excellent guy to do business with, and the tips look MEAN, and very executive. I installed them so the inside tube comes out about 1.5" from the edge of the bumper. I have already gotten a few compliments on them. My car is arctic silver, so these match the car very well (especially for a guy who doesn't like shiny/chrome/polished surfaces). Once my black OZ Ultraleggera's come in (DAMN TIRERACK), they should look incredible together!
Can you take some pictures? Im thinking of doing the same thing. TIA.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
pictures

I'll definitely take some pics today and post them when I get home! Car is a little dirty though, so don't give me crap. haha!!

Originally Posted by JmanE55

Old 05-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
We sell the Fabspeed tips which are really high quality.

Let me know if you need pricing info.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
To the folks who cite really good deals on the ceramic coating, could you either post or PM where you had it done? I'd like to go that route but haven't found a place anywhere near those prices.
Thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hey Guys. I just ordered and installed the RS1 ceramic coated tips from Rennsport-One. Tom is an excellent guy to do business with, and the tips look MEAN, and very executive. I installed them so the inside tube comes out about 1.5" from the edge of the bumper. I have already gotten a few compliments on them. My car is arctic silver, so these match the car very well (especially for a guy who doesn't like shiny/chrome/polished surfaces). Once my black OZ Ultraleggera's come in (DAMN TIRERACK), they should look incredible together!
Thanks for the kind words! It was my pleasure. I'm looking forward to the pics. We'll get those wheels soon enough.

I think the black ceramic coating looks awesome on any color. If anyone needs the coating done, we can even do your stock tips (or aftermarket) for a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Andre5 is infamous around these partsAndre5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Thanks for the kind words! It was my pleasure. I'm looking forward to the pics. We'll get those wheels soon enough.

I think the black ceramic coating looks awesome on any color. If anyone needs the coating done, we can even do your stock tips (or aftermarket) for a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested.
Interested; PM sent

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
AS requested

Hey Guys. In response to JMan's request, I took some pics of the ceramic coated RS1 tips on my Artic Silver '05 997S. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by JmanE55

Attached Images     
Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
wmatos is infamous around these parts
At the risk of sounding like a Fabspeed fanatic, I purchased 997 "S" style tips for my 997 in black powder coat from Fabspeed as part of a maxflow muffler and entire exhaust upgrade. They look great and resulted in a larger outlet diameter than my stock 997, which was also a plus. Think they were $450.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hey Guys. In response to JMan's request, I took some pics of the ceramic coated RS1 tips on my Artic Silver '05 997S. Enjoy!!
Look great O! I was going to try to make it down to NJMSP this weekend but I got caught up in family crap..yet again..lol

Originally Posted by wmatos
At the risk of sounding like a Fabspeed fanatic, I purchased 997 "S" style tips for my 997 in black powder coat from Fabspeed as part of a maxflow muffler and entire exhaust upgrade. They look great and resulted in a larger outlet diameter than my stock 997, which was also a plus. Think they were $450.
The fabspeed tips are nice. Ours are more or less identical, only we do ceramic coating whereas FS does powder, and for about the same price.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
dbnichols is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
We currently offer our tips in polished and black ceramic coated finishes. Here's a pic of the ceramic coated tips for reference. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Sorry it's not the best picture...

Hey, how much would a pair of these run? And, are they a bolt on DIY thing on a 997 C2?

PM me if you want!

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Harvey in MD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H-MAN
These look great. What color is your car? Can you post some additional pics showing the entire rear?

Sorry for not seeing you post till now. Car is Meteor Grey.

Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
To diverge from the ceramic coated crowd, I have carbon fiber wrapped tips.

Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That's incredible. How exactly does that work? Seems like the heat would melt the c/f material. Is the air gap enough to keep it cool?
I've been meaning to send mine out for a flat black ceramic treatment. This thread is pretty convincing. They all look great.

Originally Posted by stardoc
To diverge from the ceramic coated crowd, I have carbon fiber wrapped tips.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
mine are ceramic coated as well... I have PSE, so I can only use the OEM tips...

Name:  076.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  208.2 KB

Name:  077.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  248.0 KB

Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Tom...PM sent...thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best black exhaust tips.