997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Who makes the best black exhaust tips.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Cool Who makes the best black exhaust tips.

Guys I need to pull from the collective knowledge that is 6speed. Question is...
Best black exhaust tips and who sells them? thanks in advance gentlemen!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Gomez, find a set you like and get them ceramic coated. A few people have done that and posted pictures, looks great.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
I got my stock tips ceramic coated for $120 and they look great. It only took two days .

Old 05-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Andre5 is infamous around these partsAndre5 is infamous around these parts
AWE sells black tips. They have pics on their website: http://awe-tuning.com/media/products...k_tips_800.jpg

Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Harvey in MD is infamous around these parts
They were originally chrome, sand blasted then ceramic coated mat black. Both sides for less than $50.

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
They were originally chrome, sand blasted then ceramic coated mat black. Both sides for less than $50.
Thank you! YES that's what I want. Matte black.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 PM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
That look just like mine,that a good price that you got it done for

Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We currently offer our tips in polished and black ceramic coated finishes. Here's a pic of the ceramic coated tips for reference. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Sorry it's not the best picture...

Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
sshjd is infamous around these parts
Bill Bentow at Fuzion in FL does nice work. He ceramic-coated my headers and does tips for good prices, too.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sshjd
Bill Bentow at Fuzion in FL does nice work. He ceramic-coated my headers and does tips for good prices, too.
Why ceramic coat the headers

Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
We currently offer our tips in polished and black ceramic coated finishes. Here's a pic of the ceramic coated tips for reference. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Sorry it's not the best picture...

Those do look good mate!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
These look great. What color is your car? Can you post some additional pics showing the entire rear?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by babymd
Ceramic coating creates a thermal barrier between the inside and outside of the headers or exhaust system (or whatever else you ceramic coat). The hotter your exhaust gases get, the faster they'll travel towards cooler air.....thus creating a better flowing exhaust system.

Ceramic coating the tips instead of powdercoating is a much better option because ceramic coating is far more resistant to heat. It will also keep your tips cooler, reducing the risk of damaging the painted bumper around them.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
sshjd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by babymd
Sorry, out of the office... now back. Just what Tom said, above. I ceramic-coated the headers to reduce heat soak in the engine compartment (so cooler air to intake side) and accelerate exhaust. That's the theory, at least.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
Tips

Hey Guys. I just ordered and installed the RS1 ceramic coated tips from Rennsport-One. Tom is an excellent guy to do business with, and the tips look MEAN, and very executive. I installed them so the inside tube comes out about 1.5" from the edge of the bumper. I have already gotten a few compliments on them. My car is arctic silver, so these match the car very well (especially for a guy who doesn't like shiny/chrome/polished surfaces). Once my black OZ Ultraleggera's come in (DAMN TIRERACK), they should look incredible together!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best black exhaust tips.