997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

sound exaust 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
philippe911 is infamous around these parts
sound exaust 997.2

hello from france,

i can't make a choise beacause i don't understand what is better:

if i change my center muffler on my 997.2 4S PDk what is advantage and disagrement about mixed or cross primary muffler?

the original is cross flow or mixed flow?

the cross flow or the mixed is the better sound?

i my dream i want a exaut like a american V8 not an ferrari sound,

thank you and sorry for my english

philippe

Old 05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
If you want an American V8 sound get a Vette...a flat 6 (boxter engine) will not sound like a V8 nor a Ferrari no matter the exhaust/mufflers.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i thought cross flow dropped hp a bit but gave the gurggle you wanted

Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
hi sorry for my english

this small shem is correct?

i am not sure of the denomination xpipe and cross pipe shem is correct?

in 1 this the original primary exaust?whith no mixed flow is't correct?
in 2 x pipes without mixed exaust gaz only direct line this solution is les power but more sound is it correct?

in3 mixed flow with an communication of gaz in center this solution is more power than direct line in 2 but less sound then direct line in 2 correct?

soory for my inssitance but i am not sure to understand and i want the same circulation of gaz than original primary exaust

thank you every body for my poor english

Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome and your English is just fine Try a search on "primary bypass" and you should find many threads. This issue has been hotly debated - with arguments for all 3 configurations. I think the general feeling was that configuration 2 provided good improvement in sound, was lighter than OEM, and also provided a boost in HP and TQ. My 2009 now has only about 400 miles and once I have 2000 and have the car serviced, I will try my SharkWerks Primary Bypass (configuration 2 with increased power and torque, better sound).

Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by philippe911
hi sorry for my english

this small shem is correct?

i am not sure of the denomination xpipe and cross pipe shem is correct?

in 1 this the original primary exaust?whith no mixed flow is't correct?
in 2 x pipes without mixed exaust gaz only direct line this solution is les power but more sound is it correct?

in3 mixed flow with an communication of gaz in center this solution is more power than direct line in 2 but less sound then direct line in 2 correct?

soory for my inssitance but i am not sure to understand and i want the same circulation of gaz than original primary exaust

thank you every body for my poor english
I think that you have pictures #2 and #3 improperly named. # 2 is really a Crossover pipe (like Sharkwerks) and #3 is really an X-Pipe (like Fabspeed). I think that other comments about #2 are pretty accurate - it gives a slight HP increase and slightly better/deeper sound. I think the "jury is still out" on the benefits of #3 - does anybody out there have any info on Fabspeed's X-Pipe to verify their claims of larger HP gains and sound gains for the 997.2 design? ( I have read all the posts during the the 997.2 "exhaust wars" but I still have not seen any feedback from someopne who has an X-Pipe on a new 997.2).

Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM
morning

and thank you

if i understand good cross pipe is 2 and X pipes is 3

cross pipes is more power and torque great sound a low RPM like "growl" deeper sound like a cup car?

and X pipe like fabspeed theorical increase power and less sound

correct

my be a try the schark werk cross pipes and after is y feel sound to low is it possible to add porsche PSE ?

i think the most beautiful sound of porsche is 993 cup car at low RPM and i want to approch this sound ,i think cross pipe is the same configuration than 993

Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
mmaa is infamous around these parts
philippe911: http://nl.babelfish.yahoo.com/ is newest best friend......

Old 05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I think you have a good plan. Purchase Alex's SharkWerks Primary Bypass and give it a try.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:52 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
crossover pipes do not blend the exhaust flow in anyway...totally seperate pipes/flow. X pipes and H pipes do blend the exhaust flow and there is a lot of pro and con controversy about this. X and H pipes properly designed do help exhaust flow on V8's as many tests have shown through out the years.

If you want loud but not ear hurting loud and the pop and burble on de-accelleration plus the racing Cup car like wail at the top end....check out the Fabspeed side muffler by-pass pipes. I have these on my car.

If you want quieter, more conservitive sound almost stock like but with slightly more volume then the Sharkwerks Crossover pipes are very nice. I think these pipes with Fabspeeds new dual core mufflers will be the ticket for street drivers that want a nice street sound...louder but not too loud.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 AM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
anyone have sound clip of sharkwerks installed on their 997.2? I'm looking for a clip other than what is posted on their website.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 AM
dksu - I've been trying to find one and have asked Alex as well. The official clip has background music, so it's hard to really tell or compare stock to bypass. Hey Alex, can you post a "sound clip only" for us?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !